Forum

Thread tagged as: Question
Ben Furfie

Ben Furfie 3 points
Registered Developer

Not to go off on a tangent, but is there a reason that the videos need to be hosted on the site? Could they not be hosted on YouTube/Vimeo/Wistia and embedded?

No, because the website specification mentions that the user should be able to upload the videos in the CMS. Is it not at all possible in Perch?

Ben Furfie

Ben Furfie 3 points
Registered Developer

Oh it is. I was just wondering if there was a potentially easier solution that didn't involve uploading videos to the site. If it's in the spec, I can completely understand why you're trying to solve this issue.

Let me know if you find any solution.

Can we increase the max upload value of in perch and how?

PHP limits: Max upload 2M, Max POST 8M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 2M
Ben Furfie

Ben Furfie 3 points
Registered Developer

They're set by your server if I'm not mistaken. Not Perch.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

You'd change these in your PHP's php.ini configuration file.

Yes, we did change it from php.ini configuration file at local & server level both.

PHP limits: Max upload 512M, Max POST 512M, Memory: 512M, Total max file upload: 512M

Locally it works, but still not able to upload the files at test server. Could you please suggest if I am missing out something at my test server configuration?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

What now happens with the upload? Do you have enough available disk space for your file?

Yes, I do have more than efficient disk space. What it actually does is; on adding asset i.e. video is shows that it is uploading the video from system file location to perch CMS assets, but ends up showing nothing in the video list.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Does it now end up on the disk or not?

Hi guys, I had the same problem. Increasing upload_max_filesize in php.ini worked for me.