Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Error

Error after updating 2.7.4 > 2.7.6

I recently upgraded my install of perch on a development site and after upgrading, I received the following error see here

After this, I got the confirm screen, followed by what looked to be the usual, however, now I have come to access my assets, and I can see a lot of them are missing, or at least not being shown...

Looking in the database, it looks as if the table has been created, but only with a handful of what should be in there see here

I am tempted to re-publish the site to see if this resolves but I am a little hesitant to do so... Any advice would be appreciated.

Q2 Studio

Q2 Studio 0 points

• 6 years ago

Do you have any possible solutions to this...?

Looking through the pages with assets on, such as images etc, none are displaying, or it looks like the links to these are broken. As I said above, I am tempted to republish the content to see if this resolves the missing links, but I want to avoid breaking links elsewhere on the site. The only other alternative I see is to work through the assets on the pages and look at replacing / re uploading these.

If there is anything you recommend doing to fix anything the database first? If so, I would like to look at taking these steps prior to taking any of the above actions.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

What happens if you go back to your backup and run the update again?

That .frm file not found sounds like an issue with your database so you could do a repair on your database before trying the update again.

Hi Rachel.

Unfortunately, I haven't got a backup to refer to... I didn't take one as I was still developing (any live site, I would have)

I think I'm just gonna go ahead and try republiching then building from there... Is there anything I should look out for to make sure it is working as expected?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

You can try running the update again:

/perch/core/update/?force=update

Hi Drew.

Thanks for the advice. I ended up having to work over the templates again from a fresh install as the database and content for the pages were getting more messed up as I tried different solutions...

Note to self for future, BACK UP! Even if it is a development site.

Hi Drew / Rachel.

I have just come to update another one of my development sites and have come across the same problem as above...

This time, I was upgrading from 2.7.1 > 2.7.7 when the error occurred. This time, I had taken backups so was able to revert back to what I had. I then found that upgrading 2.7.1 > 2.7.4 > 2.7.7 seemed to go with no problems. I'm not sure what had changed between these versions, but it was relating to the 'resource_log' part of the database leading to corrupted data and lost assets.

Luckily, I was able to find an old 2.7.4 update zip file I had downloaded for one of my other dev sites, but without this, I would have been pretty stuck.

What I would like to ask, is there anywhere we can download any of the versions at any time? When logged in on the main Perch site, under subscriptions, the only option is to download the latest version.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

What problem are you running into? I deal with dozens of different tickets every day and can't remember the detail of each one.

Hi Drew.

The problem I was having was upon upgrade, I was getting the following error, see (here) [https://dev.sherlingsteeluk.com/perch-error/perch-error.png] and I had the same on another development site I upgraded today. It's not such a problem now, but I thought it would be good to share on the forum for anyone who may have similar issues...

I think it may have been too large of a difference between the upgrades, rather than incremental steps.

The question I asked was do you have anywhere to download the steps of the upgrades? i.e. backdated versions of the releases? I can only find a button to 'Download latest version' when downloading Perch.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

There's no error there, hence my asking. I can't remember what used to be there.

Each update incorporates all the steps from the prior updates, so there's no need to reference older versions.