Forum

Thread tagged as: Addons, PayPal

Questions about Shop (PayPal) add-on

I am looking at using the official Shop (PayPal) add-on on a site I will be developing soon. I haven't used the app before but would just like to ask others of their experience...

My Client has around 10-12 products, so I feel this would be an ideal solution, as they don't want to commit to having a merchant account or anything. A couple of queries I have is: -

• Can users add products to their carts in quantities, or is it just a simple 'Buy Now' / 'Add to Cart' button?
  • Are users able to update / view their cart at any time or is it only after clicking 'Checkout'?
  • Is the cart hosted as a separate page (i.e. re-directed to PayPal) or hosted on your own site?
  • Are the buttons created dynamically or do you need to copy over code from PayPal?

If anyone could answer these queries, I would be grateful.

Q2 Studio

Q2 Studio 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

The cart is hosted a PayPal, so most of your questions are of PayPal rather than Perch.

Can users add products to their carts in quantities, or is it just a simple 'Buy Now' / 'Add to Cart' button?

You can certainly set the qty in the cart.

Are users able to update / view their cart at any time or is it only after clicking 'Checkout'?

Yes, you can link out to the cart and the user can click "continue shopping" to return without checking out. There's also a JavaScript widget.

Is the cart hosted as a separate page (i.e. re-directed to PayPal) or hosted on your own site?

It's hosted with PayPal (that's the point of the app - to use the PayPal cart) but you can pull it onto your site using a JavaScript widget.

Are the buttons created dynamically or do you need to copy over code from PayPal?

They're created dynamically.

Hi Drew.

Thanks for the feedback. It does sound like it is more than capable for what I need... Just one thing in relation to the answers above: -

It's hosted with PayPal (that's the point of the app - to use the PayPal cart) but you can pull it onto your site using a JavaScript widget.

The 'Javascript Widget', is this something that already exists or do you mean custom javascript?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Yes, it's already included with the app.

Hi Philip. Here's an example shop with almost 90 products. We recently completed this with Perch and the PayPal shop addon. Just in case it helps further ... https://www.jessiejonesjewellery.co.uk. Feel free to ask any specific questions.