Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Members

Double-optin members and forms - updating profile

Can I use the use the profile update in members with a submission to forms as a double-optin?

I've used the double-optin with id="register" but id="profile" just seems to stop when submitting the form. I've tried changing the order of submission. I can't use register because it either disallows the email or registers the person twice.

I want to allow members to join an event (the form contents are sent to the event organiser) and then apply their event choices to their members profile.

Robert Sinclair

Robert Sinclair 4 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I don't quite follow - are you using the MailChimp app?

No, just submitting to Forms.

So, for instance, because the members app hasn't had access to member details in admin up til recently, I've sent registrations to the members app and also to perch_forms so that the members administrator had details beyond the email address.

id="register" method="post" app="perch_forms perch_members" double-optin="true" type="member"

What I want to do is something like:

id="profile" method="post" app="perch_forms perch_members" double-optin="true" type="event"

So that an existing member can join an event and update their profile.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I don't understand what the double-optin option is for - as far as I'm aware that's a MailChimp feature.

Okay, I see I misunderstood that. I don't need the double-optin for sending form contents to different apps except mailchimp.

So, my original but slightly modified question would then be can I submit to perch_forms and perch_members using id="profile" so that I can modify members records as well as submit a form?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Are you getting any sort of error?

No.

Is that profile changes are only available in perch_member_form?

I've been passing variables into a perch_content_custom region so the admin can change fees. The register form works fine but profile will submit to form but not update the member profile.

The other profile forms that I have used don't register in the Members forms sections. Only the Register forms. Is that what you'd expect?

Does that mean I can't apply a type and default tag to a profile change?

Would I use a perch_member_add_tag in profile form instead?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

perch_member_form() will populate the form with data, whereas you'd have to do that manually with any of the other method of displaying a form.

Okay, thank you.

Can I just confirm that a members Profile form that will update perch_members data will only work from perch_member_form( )?

i.e. I can't update a perch_members profile from a form in perch_content or perch_content_custom by using the apps="" attribute.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

You can do that, but you'll need to manually populate the form yourself.