Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Members

Member App tags not expiring

I have expiring tags set for a Members installation. They aren't expiring after the given date. This has been the case for two big time points this year, the recent one being 31st Dec 2015.

Here's the short diagnostics:

Perch: 2.8.23, PHP: 5.4.25, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.10 - 20111026 - $Id: c85105d7c6f7d70d609bb4c000257868a40840ab $, with PDO
Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi
Installed apps: content (2.8.23), assets (2.8.23), categories (2.8.23), perch_events (1.9.2), perch_blog (4.6), perch_forms (1.8.3), perch_members (1.4.2), perch_twitter (3.5.1)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_blog', 'perch_forms', 'perch_events', 'perch_twitter', 'perch_members' );
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
PERCH_PATH: /home/socialhi/public_html/perch
PERCH_CORE: /home/socialhi/public_html/perch/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /home/socialhi/public_html/perch/resources
Image manipulation: GD Imagick
PHP limits: Max upload 8M, Max POST 8M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 8M
F1: dc1fef2ad0fcd9f943c02ebb43d85dbc
Resource folder writeable: Yes
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/socialhi/public_html
HTTP_HOST: www.socialhistory.org.uk
REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Robert Sinclair

Robert Sinclair 4 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Can you give an example of what you're doing and what behaviour you're seeing? In particular, I'd need to know how you're implementing the tags, and how you're testing the expiry.

Those main dates were set by default tags associated with the member sign up form. So the default tag would look like this - full-member|2016-12-31 - in the Forms >> Options >> Default tags.

How would I test this without just waiting til tomorrow, i.e. a new date? Should I be able to set a tag with an expiry in the past in the admin? At the moment it lets me do that.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Yes, you can set a tag with a past expiry. If you're testing that way, be sure to log out. The member tags are verified on login, not for every page request.

Okay, yes, the front end works as expected.

Is it possible to add some visual feedback in the admin - changing colour or notification text - to show something has happened?

Thanks.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Whereabouts? I'm not sure I follow.

Well, it would be highlighting the tr in the tags table in the member profile in some way. A particular reason why it would be useful is when manually renewing a membership it is, in the circumstance I'm working on, from 31st Dec 2015 to 31st Dec 2016. It would visually aid whoever was checking/updating.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Are you talking about highlighting the tags with past expiry dates?

Yes, precisely that.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ok, that's something we can keep in mind.

Otherwise is everything working as you expect?

Yes, thank you. For some reason I was relying on feedback in the admin (the tag disappearing or greying out or something, flagged up in some way) but there isn't any. It does work though.