Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Installation, Configuration

Runway on IIS

Hey Drew and Rachel,

Do you have a web.config example for rewrites in Runway. I know you can't support complex rewrite rules, I'm just looking for an equivalent of the htaccess you provide: https://docs.grabaperch.com/runway/installing/rewrites/

Robert Yedlin

Robert Yedlin 1 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I don't, and prior to Googling for examples just now, had no idea what they even looked like! I could make some guesses, but it's easier for you to do that as you have the platform to test them out.

What have you got so far?

I think I actually need to use the IIS interface. I don't have anything so far. My client is on a Windows server.

I'll keep digging. Thanks!

Hi Robert,

I'd be interested to know if you found the config details you needed, and hearing how well Runway works on IIS.

Thanks, Jon

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

I just did a quick search and it looks as if there is an importer for mod_rewrite rules

https://www.iis.net/learn/extensions/url-rewrite-module/importing-apache-modrewrite-rules

There were also a whole load of links about converting from one to the other.

Looks good. Thanks Rachel.

I handed off the site to the client to host on IIS. So far I think it's been just fine, but I'm not sure how they ended up configuring the rewrites. Sorry. Rachel's link looks interesting though.

This appears to work in IIS if it is any help to anyone (it is a simple converted version of the default htaccess rules with this omitted: RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f. If this condition is included then the home page does not work (on my test installation that was true). To include on your installation add <add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" matchType="IsFile" ignoreCase="false" negate="true" />.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <configuration> <system.webServer> <rewrite> <rules> <rule name="Perch Runway" stopProcessing="true"> <match url=".*" ignoreCase="false" /> <conditions logicalGrouping="MatchAll"> <add input="{URL}" pattern="^/perch" ignoreCase="false" negate="true" /> </conditions> <action type="Rewrite" url="/perch/core/runway/start.php" /> </rule> </rules> </rewrite> </system.webServer> </configuration>

I have several sites using Perch on IIS, this is my first go using Runway. Fingers crossed it continues to go well.

Thanks Martin,

Worked for me!