Forum

Thread tagged as: Error, Configuration

Error message: No configuration values can be found

Hiya, I'm trying to install Perch and keep getting this error message after the config details are given:

"Installing... No configuration values can be found. Please check you added the settings to perch/config/config.php. Then reload this page."

1. Have checked config values in my config.php against those provided by the perch/setup/index.php page and they appear to be correct. If they were wrong I'd expect the error message to say they were wrong, not that they couldn't be found.
  2. Perch is not in the standard location, but there is a redirect on the folder. I would assume (aha, dangerous!) that since I'm getting the initial setup and config details pages with no problems, this is not the source of the problem.
  3. I've uploaded a htaccess to redirect html pages to php, which worked fine on my test server.

Do I need to change anything else in the config because of the redirects? Or is there another cause for this?

Searching for similar problems showed a guy who fixed this in an older version of Perch by hitting the refresh link a dozen times. I'm off to do that now, just in case!

Let me know if more information is needed to help resolve this.

Julie Grundy

Julie Grundy 0 points

• 6 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

What do you mean by there being a redirect on the folder?

The folder where Perch would normally be is set up to redirect to where Perch actually is. Apparently this is for security reasons; unfortunately I don't have direct access to the server so I'm not sure what method is used to do this but I could find out.

Attempting to go to any Perch admin page (e.g. Add/Edit Pages list) by typing in the url sends me back to the setup/installation page, which is what I'd expect for an incomplete installation. And to me that indicates that even when I type in the standard Perch paths, it's finding our non-standard location and correctly sending me to the right page.

But I'm wondering if the Path Configuration doc here is what I need to be following in this case? https://docs.grabaperch.com/docs/installing-perch/configuration/path/

It says it's for renaming, or moving the resources folder, but it seems like it might be relevant for moving any folder.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

You need to know where Perch is on the server, you can change the path to Perch when installing as per that documentation but if your server is redirecting requests and you can't explain how then it's going to be very difficult to help you.

I think you'll need to the host and get full details of what the configuration actually is as the first step.

Fair enough, will get hold of that info and let our hosting guy know about the path documentation too as my next step.

Resolved: hosting guy has put Perch in the standard location, all is well now.