Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

User Creation of Resource Buckets

Hi!

I have implemented two different website with a list detail type design.

One site leverages Drew's list/detail solution and another leverages the FoxyCart package.

Users are creating hundreds of products and have tens of images associated with said products.

The resource directory is quickly filling up and is proving difficult for the user to find and select an image.

I want to dynamically create a resource bucket for each product. Possible? If so - how?

:)

Hamish Henderson

Hamish Henderson 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

It's not possible to dynamically create buckets, no. Well, it's possible, but there's no code to do that.

Watching this thread. :)

Robert Ketter

Thanks Drew,

I would love to see this in a future release... two separate customers have asked for this functionality as the image directories are becoming bloated.

Is it possible that every time a detail page is created, a variable just increments by one and creates a new resource bucket?

Is there something here that might be able to help: https://docs.grabaperch.com/docs/templates/passing-variables-into-templates/ ?

:)

Hamish. Bucket creation can be handled with api or just a call to bucket class. If I get a chance to put together an example I will do that for you. I am super busy right now but this is pretty simple. It can be triggered through a custom call, but actually setting the new bucket in a template would be the tricky part. Let me think on this for a day.

Robert Ketter