Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Runway, Members

Adding Perch Members - First and Last name does not save first time around

When I log in, add a member and click save, the First and Last name fields become blank, although the message says 'New member successfully added' their first and last name are not saved and the member is listed as 'Item 1'

Not sure if this is specific to Runway.

HEALTH CHECK Perch Runway is up to date PHP 5.4.34 version is okay, but a little out of date. Consider updating soon. MySQL 5.5.38 is up to date Image processing available

SUMMARY INFORMATION Perch Runway: 2.7.10, PHP: 5.4.34, MySQL: 5.5.38, with PDO Server OS: Darwin, apache2handler Installed apps: content (2.7.10), assets (2.7.10), categories (2.7.10), perch_members (1.1) App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_members', ); PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch PERCH_PATH: /Users/simonclay/Dropbox/Clients/Sly-design/Runway Hosting/runway/perch PERCH_CORE: /Users/simonclay/Dropbox/Clients/Sly-design/Runway Hosting/runway/perch/core PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /Users/simonclay/Dropbox/Clients/Sly-design/Runway Hosting/runway/perch/resources Image manipulation: GD PHP limits: Max upload 32M, Max POST 32M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 32M Resource folder writeable: Yes HTTP_HOST: runway:8888 DOCUMENT_ROOT: /Users/simonclay/Dropbox/Clients/Sly-design/Runway Hosting/runway REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/ SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php

Simon Clay

Simon Clay 127 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Is this in the control panel, or using pages you've built?

Simon Clay

Simon Clay 127 points

It's in the control panel.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

That's not happening for me. Can you give precise steps?

Simon Clay

Simon Clay 127 points

Login to Perch and go to: https://runway:8888/perch/addons/apps/perch_members/

1) Click + Add Member 2) Fill out all fields of the form including First name and Last name 3) Click Save

As the page reloads the success message appears, but the First and Last name fields are empty.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I can't reproduce that. It works well for me.

Can you turn on debug and let me know what it outputs after submitting the form?

Simon Clay

Simon Clay 127 points

Sure, thank you,

Debug Message

SELECT u.*, r.* FROM perch2_users u, perch2_user_roles r WHERE u.roleID=r.roleID AND u.userEnabled=1 AND u.userID=1 AND u.userHash='d7160ea5ef6a3364ad8b134ca43b204b' LIMIT 1
UPDATE perch2_users SET userHash='a97aa74687906aced71e569ca7b3a1cc' WHERE userID=1
SELECT p.privKey FROM perch2_user_privileges p
SELECT * FROM (SELECT DISTINCT settingID, settingValue FROM perch2_settings WHERE userID=1 OR userID=0 ORDER BY userID DESC) AS settings GROUP BY settingID
SELECT collectionID, collectionKey FROM perch2_collections WHERE collectionInAppMenu=1 ORDER BY collectionOrder ASC
SELECT * FROM perch2_members WHERE memberID=10 LIMIT 1
Using template: /addons/apps/perch_members/templates/members/member.html
SELECT t.*, mt.tagExpires FROM perch2_members_member_tags mt, perch2_members_tags t WHERE mt.tagID=t.tagID AND mt.memberID='10' ORDER BY t.tag ASC
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM perch2_members WHERE memberStatus='pending'
Queries: 9
Drew McLellan

Perch Support

No clues there. Was this an update or a fresh install?

Simon Clay

Simon Clay 127 points

It was an update from 2.5.3

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Did this work before the update?

Simon Clay

Simon Clay 127 points

Sorry, not able to say because Members was added after the update.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ok. I can't reproduce this, so all I can do it keep an eye out for it happening with anyone else.

Simon Clay

Simon Clay 127 points

Ok, thanks very much for your time I will see if a fresh install of the latest version sorts it.

I'm getting the same error from a fresh install of Perch.

Perch: 2.7.10, PHP: 5.4.13, MySQL: 5.5.30, with PDO

Installed apps: content (2.7.10), assets (2.7.10), categories (2.7.10), perch_members (1.1)