Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, Runway

Can't log in to Perch Runway after updating to 2.8.26

Hello,

I also seem to be having issues logging in after updating from 2.8.25 to 2.8.26. I'm working on a local MAMP install. When I try to log in I'm being redirected to /perch/?r=%2Fperch%2Fcore%2Fapps%2Fcontent%2F. I've tried going to /perch/core/update but to no avail.

Strangely, I'm not getting anything helpful in terms of debugging. My error logs aren't reporting anything and all I get on the log in page is the following:

Debug Message
[1] SELECT u.*, r.* FROM perch2_users u, perch2_user_roles r WHERE u.roleID=r.roleID AND u.userEnabled=1 AND u.userID=1 AND u.userHash='c7d0722100b8e5299455bf2b726b197f' LIMIT 1
[14] SELECT DISTINCT settingID, settingValue FROM perch2_settings WHERE userID=0
Queries: 2
Memory: 1.7292

I've tried php 7.0.0 and 5.6.10 and it also has no effect. I've seen forum posts with similar symptoms but session files seem to be working fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Mark Greenwood

Mark Greenwood 0 points

• 5 years ago

Could be the same as this... https://forum.grabaperch.com/forum/02-20-2016-during-upgrade-to-2826-cannot-log-in and maybe you need to run /perch/core/update in your browser. Its mentioned on the update notes around halfway down the page and it seems a few of us missed it.

Thanks Graham, already tried that (end of the first paragraph) so no luck this time! Found a few forum posts that seemed to have the same issue but no fixes for me as of yet. I've rolled back to 2.8.25 for now but not ideal.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Looks like you're getting bounced out after a successful login. Check your error log, and check that sessions are working.

Thanks Drew, there were newly created session files in the expected folder containing userHash etc within MAMP. The php error log was empty and the only thing in the apache log was the server firing up. Even after a new install. Debugging really is proving difficult on this one.

I wiped MAMP and re-installed to find the same issue.

Tricky.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Ok, well let me know if you have anything concrete.

Will do, I suspect it could be MAMP so I'll try upgrading again when I move to a staging environment.

Thanks.