Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Blog

Blog upgrade when moving from Perch 1.8 to Perch 2.7

I'm upgrading an installation from Perch 1.8 to Perch 2.7.10.

I have left the original installation on the live server and created a new installation of Perch 2.7 in a staging area.

I installed plugins (including blog 4.5.4), made changes to the post.html template (just used the latest version from blog).

I then imported the data via a mysql dump file and copied across templates and resources from the old site

I have run the Upgrade App, all worked fine importing settings and content etc until it gets to the blog where I get the message "Importing blog posts" but the page is otherwise empty and nothing seems to happen.

I can create a new blog post.

From Diagostics:

Summary information

Perch: 2.7.10, PHP: 5.4.33, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.10 - 20111026 - $Id: c85105d7c6f7d70d609bb4c000257868a40840ab $, with PDO
Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi
Installed apps: content (2.7.10), assets (2.7.10), categories (2.7.10), perch_blog (4.5.4), perch_backup (1.2), perch_upgrade (1.4)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_blog', );
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /admin
PERCH_PATH: /home/amodeowe/public_html/takeone/admin
PERCH_CORE: /home/amodeowe/public_html/takeone/admin/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /home/amodeowe/public_html/takeone/admin/resources
Image manipulation: GD
PHP limits: Max upload 20M, Max POST 20M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 20M
Resource folder writeable: Yes
HTTP_HOST: www.takeone.hardingweb.net
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/amodeowe/public_html/takeone
REQUEST_URI: /admin/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /admin/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php

Any ideas?

Thanks

Nigel Harding

Nigel Harding 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

The Upgrade app doesn't jump versions that large currently. The changes to Blog 4.5 were incompatible. We'll look to update it before Perch 1 support ends, but the workaround is to upgrade to 4.1 and then from 4.1 to 4.5.

OK thanks.

So I have started over and installed Perch 2.5.4 Installed Blog 4.1 Restored html files, templates, resources, loaded MySQL dump file. When I login to Perch Admin the software update is fine, can see all blog posts etc. and it all works fine

I then upgrade Perch to 2.7.10 (by moving the existing 'core' and replacing with the 2.7.10 'core' directory.) I upgrade Blog with the latest set of perch_blog files from v4.5.4 into perch/addons/apps I replace post.html in my perch/templates/blog with the one provided by v4.5.4

My apps.php is updated as follows (still using the old format but I guess that's fine?)

<?php include(PERCH_PATH.'/core/apps/content/runtime.php'); include(PERCH_PATH.'/core/apps/categories/runtime.php'); include(PERCH_PATH.'/addons/apps/perch_blog/runtime.php'); ?>

When I visit my blog page the posts are all there but the categories are empty - see https://www.take01.hardingweb.net/blog/

So I'm somehow not picking up the categories.

If I look in Perch Admin and look at Apps -> Categories then I do see a category set "Blog" which contains my expected categories.

My Blog index.php uses this:

<!--  By category listing -->
        <?php perch_blog_categories(); ?>

Again, would appreciate any thoughts....

Diagnostics in brief:

Summary information

Perch: 2.7.10, PHP: 5.4.33, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.10 - 20111026 - $Id: c85105d7c6f7d70d609bb4c000257868a40840ab $, with PDO
Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi
Installed apps: content (2.7.10), assets (2.7.10), categories (2.7.10), perch_blog (4.5.4), perch_pages (2.5.1), perch_backup (1.2), perch_upgrade (1.4)
App runtimes: <?php include(PERCH_PATH.'/core/apps/content/runtime.php'); include(PERCH_PATH.'/core/apps/categories/runtime.php'); include(PERCH_PATH.'/addons/apps/perch_blog/runtime.php'); ?>
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /admin
PERCH_PATH: /home/amodeowe/public_html/take01/admin
PERCH_CORE: /home/amodeowe/public_html/take01/admin/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /home/amodeowe/public_html/take01/admin/resources
Image manipulation: GD
PHP limits: Max upload 20M, Max POST 20M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 20M
Resource folder writeable: Yes
HTTP_HOST: www.take01.hardingweb.net
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/amodeowe/public_html/take01
REQUEST_URI: /admin/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /admin/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Have you been through the update steps here? https://docs.grabaperch.com/addons/blog/installation/

Thanks, I had updated post.html but I also needed to update other templates that had refs to the old perch:blog instead of perch:category

Thanks for your help