Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error

Upgrade problem?

I just upgraded to Perch 2.8.2 and I received the error message below upon logging back in to the Perch desktop. What happened?

Software Update

The following error occurred:

ALTER TABLE perch2_categories CHANGE catDisplayPath catDisplayPath CHAR(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '' SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'rcbperch.perch2_categories' doesn't exist

The following error occurred: DROP INDEX idx_uni ON perch2_resource_log SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'rcbperch.perch2_resource_log' doesn't exist

The following error occurred: ALTER IGNORE TABLE perch2_resource_log ADD UNIQUE INDEX idx_uni (appID, itemFK, itemRowID, resourceID) SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'rcbperch.perch2_resource_log' doesn't exist

Kelly Crossley

Kelly Crossley 0 points

• 6 years ago

Kelly, try to force an update again by visiting the following url with your info...

https://yourdomain.com/perch/core/update/?force=update

see if you get a success screen after that...

Robert Ketter

Robert, that seemed to work. Thank you. But how do I know something isn't corrupted?

Down on your knees and pray... :)

Actually, I have seen the update stall many times for many reasons. The error could have been something as simple as server timing out. Corrupted data would be pretty hard since the database receives an entire string of commands and wouldn't run unless it received the closing of the string. Also the database is very robust and quite picky... So anything out of place and the changes would not have committed. All that being said, this is why we make backups before ever updating a website so we can roll back if there is failure.

:-)

I hear ya. I did make a backup of everything. Perhaps I should restore the original Perch files and try the update again on a fresh copy. Thoughts?

I wouldn't, I say archive the backup and enjoy the update. I haven't had a chance to play with the new blocks yet... But with the nasty snow coming tomorrow I may get a chance. :)

Sounds good. Be safe.

Robert, I had some extra time so I restored my backup and tried the update again. This time everything worked fine, so it must have been a server timeout issue or something that disrupted the upgrade process. Thanks agin for your help.