Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem

h3 Tag Copy Showing up as ALL Caps in Perch Desktop?

I just installed Perch 2.8.2. I was adding some copy into a Perch Text Block when I noticed that anytime I selected the text and changed it to an h3 tag the text I entered immediately changed to ALL caps, but only in the text editor. Selecting any of the other h tags was fine.

When I looked at the text block.html template it looks like I selected Redactor as my text editor. It looks like I'm using Redactor 8.2.5. Has anyone else had this issue?

Kelly Crossley

Kelly Crossley 0 points

• 6 years ago

I just tried updating my copy of Redactor hoping it would resolve this issue and it basically disappeared. I restored my previous copy of Redactor and will try to address this issue later.

I did notice that other users are also having problems with Perch 2.8.* and Redactor: https://forum.grabaperch.com/forum/03-02-2015-perch-28-blog-redactor-issues

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

The editors were updated for Perch 2.8.2 so the first thing you need to do is update the editor before reporting an issue with it.

I did jump the gun a bit. Sorry about that.

I also tried the new version and that doesn't work at all. Won't even load for some reason.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

What does your template look like?

Do you see any errors in your browser console?

Actually, I'm running Perch Debug and I saw this error message: Editor requested, but not installed: redactor

Hmmm. I thought to install Redactor all you had to do was drag it to the Perch Plugins folder. Did I miss something?

I'm such a moron. I dragged the nested Redactor folder into the Perch Plugin folder. Almost 4 AM on the east coast. Time to call it a night before I really screw something up. Thanks Rachel.

BUT, the h3 problem remains. Weird.