Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Suggestions

showing revsions on editable pages in the back-end

Hi

Is there any way to show revisions in the backend on pages. So a message in the page would print the details of the username and the time when the page was last edited.

John Robinson

John Robinson 0 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Yes, you can do that in Perch Runway.

That sounds good. I've built a site in Perch standard, is it possible to upgrade at this point to runway? If so could you give me some pointers to the process please?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Yes, you can upgrade to Runway. https://docs.grabaperch.com/runway/upgrading/

Thanks Drew

I'm just upgrading. I followed the steps when I come to the login screen I see the Perch runway logo. When i enter the usual login the page reloads with the url adding

/?r=%2Fadmin%2Fcore%2Fapps%2Fcontent%2F

and not logging in.

Please could you advise?

Edit: My htaccess was wrong due to install directory. It is correct now

# Perch Runway
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/admin 
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule .* /admin/core/runway/start.php [L] 

I still can't login. The debug message is..

SELECT u.*, r.* FROM perch2_users u, perch2_user_roles r WHERE u.roleID=r.roleID AND u.userEnabled=1 AND u.userID=2 AND u.userHash='b69ff36472594cc6cb55cb9870489565' LIMIT 1
[23] SELECT DISTINCT settingID, settingValue FROM perch2_settings WHERE userID=0
Queries: 2
Memory: 1.7446
Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Were you upgrading from an earlier version of Perch, or was it also 2.8.26?

I dont recall which perch 2 version it was, can i find it in any files?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ok. Are you able to run the update as outlined in the 2.8.26 update instructions?

Maybe, Is that whats outlined here?..

https://grabaperch.com/update/

I'm not sure what i should do. Do i upload the 2.8.26 core folder where i currently have the runway core folder? then try to login.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Particularly this:

Note: if you can’t log in after updating, go to /perch/core/update in your browser so the updater can run. Then you’ll be able to log in.

Thought it might be that simple, thanks i'm up and running. Going back to the original question

John Robinson said:

Hi

Is there any way to show revisions in the backend on pages. So a message in the page would print the details of the username and the time when the page was last edited.

How can I implement this?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

On a multiple item region, click Revision History in the smart bar.

Sorry, for the life of me i cant see anything about revision history.

Not sure which is the smart bar?I have collections, master pages, navigation groups and routes across the top.

A new column with 'last updated' has appeared next to all regions.

Thanks

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Like this:

Revision history

Thanks for the screenshot. Mine never shows that however. Its alway "undo" : "view page" : "reorder". ?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Is it a multiple item region? This is the region item listing.

It was a multiple item region but with "edit all on one" page checked hence I wasn't seeing it. I do see what's in the scrennshot now that its unchecked.

Is there any way to show revisions on a single item region?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Single item regions don't currently link to that view (although it is available).

Drew McLellan said:

Single item regions don't currently link to that view (although it is available).

Morning Drew,

What do you mean by "(although it's available)."

It seems my only path to make all my single item regions show revisions, is to make them multiple items even though they don't need to be?

Thanks.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I mean it's available - you can go to the URL directly. We don't link to it in the UI currently. I think mostly due to space constraints in the smart bar.