Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem

Safari browser rendering issue

Hello

I have a client whose browser (Safari) isnt rendering properly when he's signed in to Perch. The fields and labels are written over each other. I have a screen grab but can't figure out how to append it to this post.

Can anyone help?

Cheers - Mark

mark buckley

mark buckley 0 points

• 5 years ago
Simon Clay

Simon Clay 127 points

If you can pop your screenshot up on a server you can show the image here using:

![alt text for image](https://example.com/image.jpg)

rendering issues

Thanks for the suggestion. Hopefully you can see that.

Cheers - Mark

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Is this a fresh install or an update? Did you clear your cache?

It's neither a fresh install nor an update, rather a new end-user doing the updating for a particular website.

I'll ask them to clear their cache to see whether that helps.

Cheers - Mark

Apparently clearing the cache didn't make any difference...

Did I say that it is in an Apple environment? I use Windows and have never seen that issue at all and use at least six of the main browsers including Safari.

Any other ideas?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

It's neither a fresh install nor an update

How so? Surely it's one or the other.

Hi Drew, this site is neither new nor an update. The person who used to update it has moved on and I have a new person instead. When they sign in to Perch using Safari in an Apple environment they get a scrampbled broswer as per the screen grab above.

Do you know what might be causing the issue? It seems to be only around the categories in "Blog". He has cleared his cache and his browser is up-to-date. Let me know if you need further info.

Any ideas?

Cheers - Mark

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

this site is neither new nor an update

I'm not sure where to go with that - it's like saying "the light is neither on nor off".

Can you show me your diagnostics report please?

Must confess don't understand your light on/off simile. Not sure how to make it any plainer: it is not a new installation and I have not updated it. I have however got a new end-user doing the updating. They are new to it and are getting the issues described above. It is a shame because as they are a new end-user they are a little nervous and this is a slight barrier to uptake.

I will ask them to produce a diagnostics report or would it be equally helpful if I did that. Iedoes it need to be the actual user?

Thanks for all your help!

Cheers- Mark

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

The diagnostic report is the same for all users. The extended version would be helpful at this stage.

Not seeing an option for an extended version of the diagnostic report.

Meanwhile, should I post it here?

Cheers - Mark

Hi Mark,

If you go to Settings > Diagnostics, and scroll down you should see a "View Extended Report" button underneath the Summary Information. This will show you the full diagnostic report.

The Safari and OSX version might be useful too.

Thanks Michael - that's very helpful. Do you know whether it is safe to post it here? Ie it won't reveal any personal info?

Thanks again.

Cheers - Mark

Nothing personal is shown really - it shows the site URL so if you don't want that shared just delete that bit.

Thanks again Michael. I couldn't actually find the "View extended report" button or the Safari or OX versions. Hey, ho, here's what I could find:

Perch information

Perch: 2.3.2
Production mode: Production (100)
Installed apps: content (2.3.2), perch_gallery (2.8.2), perch_events (1.7.1), perch_members (1.0.3), perch_blog (3.8.1)
DB driver: PDO
DB tables: perch2_blog_authors, perch2_blog_categories, perch2_blog_comments, perch2_blog_posts, perch2_blog_posts_to_categories, perch2_blog_posts_to_tags, perch2_blog_tags, perch2_content_index, perch2_content_items, perch2_content_regions, perch2_content_resources, perch2_events, perch2_events_categories, perch2_events_to_categories, perch2_gallery_albums, perch2_gallery_image_versions, perch2_gallery_images, perch2_members, perch2_members_forms, perch2_members_member_tags, perch2_members_sessions, perch2_members_tags, perch2_navigation, perch2_navigation_pages, perch2_page_templates, perch2_pages, perch2_resources, perch2_settings, perch2_user_privileges, perch2_user_role_privileges, perch2_user_roles, perch2_users
Users: 5
App runtimes:

<?php
    include(PERCH_PATH.'/core/apps/content/runtime.php');
    include(PERCH_PATH.'/addons/apps/perch_members/runtime.php');
    include(PERCH_PATH.'/addons/apps/perch_blog/runtime.php');
    include(PERCH_PATH.'/addons/apps/perch_events/runtime.php');
    include(PERCH_PATH.'/addons/apps/perch_gallery/runtime.php');
?>

Scheduled tasks for perch_blog: delete_spam_comments (1440 mins)
Editor plug-ins: markitup
H1: 46f740b4a8e86b9c47bd84b6584bbaed
L1: ab1a171857d5c6ce5152b30f7d70559f
headerColour: #ffffff
content_singlePageEdit: 1
helpURL:
siteURL: /
hideBranding: 0
content_collapseList: 1
lang: en-gb
update_2.3.2: done
latest_version: 2.8.15
perch_blog_post_url: /blog/post.php?s={postSlug}
perch_blog_update: 3.7.5
perch_gallery_update: 2.7
PERCH_DEVELOPMENT: 10
PERCH_STAGING: 50
PERCH_PRODUCTION: 100
PERCH_DB_USERNAME: dasolcou_tedu1
PERCH_DB_SERVER: localhost
PERCH_DB_DATABASE: dasolcou_ted_pch
PERCH_DB_PREFIX: perch2_
PERCH_TZ: Europe/London
PERCH_EMAIL_FROM: mark@dtew.co.uk
PERCH_EMAIL_FROM_NAME: mark buckley
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
PERCH_PATH: /home/dasolcou/public_html/teddingtonsociety.org.uk/perch
PERCH_CORE: /home/dasolcou/public_html/teddingtonsociety.org.uk/perch/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /home/dasolcou/public_html/teddingtonsociety.org.uk/perch/resources
PERCH_RESPATH: /perch/resources
PERCH_HTML5: 1
PERCH_ERROR_MODE: DIE
PERCH_DEBUG:
PERCH_PREVIEW_ARG: preview
PERCH_TEMPLATE_PATH: /home/dasolcou/public_html/teddingtonsociety.org.uk/perch/templates
PERCH_DEFAULT_DOC: index.php
PERCH_DEFAULT_EXT: .php
PERCH_PRODUCTION_MODE: 100
PERCH_RWD:
PERCH_AUTH_PLUGIN:
PERCH_DB_CHARSET: utf8
PERCH_DB_PORT:
PERCH_DB_SOCKET:

Hosting settings

PHP: 5.4.45
Zend: 2.4.0
SAPI: cgi-fcgi
Safe mode: not detected
MySQL client: mysqlnd 5.0.10 - 20111026 - $Id: c85105d7c6f7d70d609bb4c000257868a40840ab $
MySQL server: 5.5.40-MariaDB-cll-lve
Extensions: Core, date, ereg, libxml, openssl, pcre, sqlite3, zlib, bcmath, bz2, calendar, ctype, curl, dom, hash, fileinfo, filter, ftp, gd, gettext, SPL, iconv, session, json, mbstring, mcrypt, standard, mysql, mysqli, mysqlnd, apc, posix, pspell, Reflection, imap, SimpleXML, soap, sockets, exif, tokenizer, xml, xmlreader, xmlwriter, zip, cgi-fcgi, eAccelerator, PDO, pdo_sqlite, pdo_mysql, Phar, SourceGuardian, ionCube Loader, Zend Guard Loader
GD: Yes
ImageMagick: No
PHP max upload size: 256M
PHP max form post size: 128M
PHP memory limit: 64M
Total max uploadable file size: 64M
Resource folder writeable: Yes
Session timeout: 24 minutes
Native JSON: Yes
Filter functions: Yes
Transliteration functions: No
PATH: /usr/local/jdk/bin:/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/lib/courier-imap/sbin:/usr/lib/courier-imap/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin:/opt/bin
PWD: /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys
SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
REQUEST_METHOD: GET
SERVER_PROTOCOL: HTTP/1.1
GATEWAY_INTERFACE: CGI/1.1
REMOTE_PORT: 48333
SCRIPT_FILENAME: /home7/dasolcou/public_html/teddingtonsociety.org.uk/perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
SERVER_ADMIN: webmaster@teddingtonsociety.dasol.co.uk
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home7/dasolcou/public_html/teddingtonsociety.org.uk
REMOTE_ADDR: 82.14.189.58
SERVER_PORT: 80
SERVER_ADDR: 31.216.48.16
SERVER_NAME: www.teddingtonsociety.org.uk
SERVER_SOFTWARE: Apache
HTTP_X_VARNISH: 1636519809
HTTP_CONNECTION: close
HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING: gzip
HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR: 82.14.189.58
HTTP_COOKIE: PHPSESSID=f351933a7411ff59c2858509da3dc7ba
HTTP_REFERER: https://www.teddingtonsociety.org.uk/perch/core/settings/
HTTP_DNT: 1
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE: en-GB,en;q=0.5
HTTP_ACCEPT: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
HTTP_USER_AGENT: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:44.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/44.0
HTTP_HOST: www.teddingtonsociety.org.uk
UNIQUE_ID: Vualwh-YMBAAAtkhZxgAAAAm
FCGI_ROLE: RESPONDER
PHP_SELF: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
REQUEST_TIME_FLOAT: 1457956290.17
REQUEST_TIME: 1457956290

Safari and OSX versions would need to be from the client, they wouldn't be in the report. Just cos I am on a Mac and could try and reproduce for you with that info.

Hi Michael, didn't realise that. Drew said the diagnostic report is the same for all users. That'll might take me a while to get a response back form the end-user. I'll go and ask him now.

Thanks again.

Cheers - Mark

That is a very old version of Perch you are running, I would look at updating that as a first port of call tbh

Yes, you're likely right. The thing is if I upgraded Perch everytime they released a new version I'd be doing nothing else with my life ;o)

Still - you're right, I'll update it first.

Cheers - Mark

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

You don't need to update to every version, but it would be a logical first step if you're seeing a problem.