Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, Forms

Using id="_page" in a Perch Form

I have a Perch Form that's being called using Perch Content. I'm wanting to display the URL of the page where the form has been submitted from in the response. I'm using id="_page" to try and do this. However, upon submission the URL content in the response shows up as: *

Is this a bug? Or is there another way around it?

Philip Gwynne

Philip Gwynne 1 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Is it in a shared region?

It is, yes. Is that where I'm going wrong?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

The _page value tells you which page a region is assigned to. Shared regions are assigned to all pages, signified by the *.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

The _page value tells you which page a region is assigned to. Shared regions are assigned to all pages, signified by the *.

Ah. In that case, is there anything I could use that would allow me to feature a form on all pages that sends the page URL it was submitted from in the response? Or is it a case of having the form in a region on every page? (essentially it's a feedback form that's embedded in every page from the footer.php layout)

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I think the forms app already logs the page it was submitted from, doesn't it?

It does and it doesn't. In Runway, it logs the first subdirectory of the path, e.g. domain.com/markets – but won't show any further subdirectories you may be in.

But what we'd like to do is have it log the subpages in any directory: domain.com/markets/aerospace/

Actually, I think it's us who've set up the path's wrong! Anyway, we'll take a look at that – thanks for letting me know why the asterisk was showing up!