Forum

Thread tagged as: Suggestions, Forms

Perch Forms app - dynamic subject

Only a minor niggle, but it would be great if there was a way of making the subject line for Perch Form email notifications dynamic.

In threaded email clients like gmail, form responses can group together in a single thread due to the subject being the same.

While that's desirable in some cases, I find that for our contact form enquiries, I can miss replying to separate enquiries that have been combined in a single thread.

It would be handier if I could add the name field for example (or even just a timestamp) to the subject line, so that each form submission email stays a separate thread.

Thanks

Janine Dalton

Janine Dalton 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Form data can be used in any of the email fields by enclosing the name of a field in curly brackets:

Subject: Submission from {name}

Many thanks Drew! I now see this info has been staring me in the face in the right sidebar of the form settings page :-0 Why I thought of looking up the docs (where I couldn't see this but maybe it's there too) & not reading the in app help is beyond me! So sorry to have wasted your time, but thanks for the quick answer.