Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, Configuration

Emails from Perch

Hello

I have just been testing the email on one of my perch sites and although it says sent, nothing has been received. Tested it on a couple of others and they seem yo have the same problem. Also tested the add new user and no welcome emails.

Tried a couple of different emails too.

Is this an error on my perch config or my hosting company?

I would like to make sure I have tried everything this end first before contacting them.

Thank you.

Denise Courtney

Denise Courtney

Denise Courtney 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Hello Drew

I have just tried this and every time I just get that SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.

Any ideas how I can correct this?

Thank you.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Where do you get that error?

When I try to submit a test email after adapting the config file.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

It sounds like you don't have the details quite right.

Sorry to be a pain but have just tried process again from scratch and still get the error. This is what I have and have checked all copied correctly from mailtrap.

define('PERCH_EMAIL_METHOD', 'smtp'); define('PERCH_EMAIL_HOST', 'mailtrap.io'); define('PERCH_EMAIL_SECURE', 'tls'); define('PERCH_EMAIL_AUTH', true); define('PERCH_EMAIL_PORT', 2525); define('PERCH_EMAIL_USERNAME', '32209a7600120c932'); define('PERCH_EMAIL_PASSWORD', '44df650df3802b');

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

MailTrap isn't our service. If you are having a problem connecting to that service you should raise a support ticket with them.

Ok. I will try them Rachel but the main problem is that I am not receiving any emails from perch and was purely using mail trap as suggested to test things.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Try without

define('PERCH_EMAIL_SECURE', 'tls');

Thank you Drew, that worked perfectly!