Forum

Thread tagged as: Addons, Blog, Field-Types

Title fields not showing up in Blog app after upgrading from 3.7.7 to 4.6

Hi there - weird issue, and hopefully it's just something I forgot to do in the upgrade process. I recently upgraded my blog app from 3.7.7 to 4.6 in a site, and now when I go to add a new blog post some of the input fields are blank - so I can't tell which fields are for what.

Here's the way the "create new post" screen looks now: https://haistreet.bendicart.com/xx/issues/blog-app-issue.png

Diagnostic report is as follows...

Diagnostics report HEALTH CHECK Perch is up to date PHP 5.5.14 is up to date MySQL 5.5.38 is up to date Image processing available SUMMARY INFORMATION Perch: 2.8.4, PHP: 5.5.14, MySQL: 5.5.38, with PDO Server OS: Darwin, apache2handler Installed apps: content (2.8.4), assets (2.8.4), categories (2.8.4), perch_blog (4.6), perch_cm (1.0.1), perch_events (1.7.1), perch_forms (1.5.1), perch_gallery (2.8.2), perch_comments (1.0.1), perch_members (1.0.3), perch_backup (1.2), perch_twitter (3.1), perch_upgrade (1.4) App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_blog', 'perch_comments', 'perch_events', 'perch_forms', 'perch_gallery', 'perch_members', 'perch_twitter', ); PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch PERCH_PATH: /Users/greggtomlinson/Sites/www.haistreetkitchen.com/perch PERCH_CORE: /Users/greggtomlinson/Sites/www.haistreetkitchen.com/perch/core PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /Users/greggtomlinson/Sites/www.haistreetkitchen.com/perch/resources Image manipulation: GD PHP limits: Max upload 32M, Max POST 32M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 32M Resource folder writeable: Yes HTTP_HOST: haistreet.bendicart.com DOCUMENT_ROOT: /Users/greggtomlinson/Sites/www.haistreetkitchen.com REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/ SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Gregg Tomlinson

Gregg Tomlinson 1 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Did you follow the instructions in the big red box? https://docs.grabaperch.com/addons/blog/installation/

Yes I did. I actually followed the big sentence at the bottom a step farther, the one that reads "The easiest way to do this might be to take the new default templates and re-customise it to fit your site." -- I full-on replaced all the template files and perch_blog from scratch, and was going to re-customize.

But hey, thanks to your sarcastically pointing out the instruction window I went ahead and whacked my browser settings and reset Chrome - that did the trick. Don't recall having to do that with the multiple other Perch sites I've updated the blog app with, guess since this blog app was a complete gut & re-install it needed that extra kick in the pants.

Sorry to bother.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Sorry, not being sarcastic, trying to be clear about which part of that page to follow.

The other thing to make sure is that you've updated MarkItUp - I see you still have the old icons showing.