Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Configuration, Runway

Assets not showing up

I moved over a site and have the /uploads folder uploaded and have it set to 777 but the admin is saying its not writable? I tried to reindex the assets and now there are no images even though they are in the folder???

Diagnostics report
Health check

Perch Runway is up to date
    PHP 5.4.23 version is okay, but a little out of date. Consider updating soon.
    MySQL 5.5.42-cll is up to date
    Image processing available
    Resources folder is not writable

Summary information

Perch Runway: 2.8.4, PHP: 5.4.23, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.10 - 20111026 - $Id: e707c415db32080b3752b232487a435ee0372157 $, with PDO
    Server OS: Linux, apache2handler
    Installed apps: content (2.8.4), assets (2.8.4), categories (2.8.4), perch_blog (4.6), ui_snipcart (1)
    App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_blog', 'ui_snipcart', );
    PERCH_LOGINPATH: /admin
    PERCH_PATH: /home/oldewood/public_html/admin
    PERCH_CORE: /home/oldewood/public_html/admin/core
    PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /home/oldwood/public_html/uploads
    Image manipulation: GD
    PHP limits: Max upload 8M, Max POST 8M, Memory: 64M, Total max file upload: 8M
    Resource folder writeable: No
    HTTP_HOST: www.oldewoodltd.com
    DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/oldewood/public_html
    REQUEST_URI: /admin/core/settings/diagnostics/
    SCRIPT_NAME: /admin/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php

Brandon Livengood

Brandon Livengood 1 points

• 6 years ago

I am getting this when I try to upload the logo in the admin.

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/oldwood/public_html/uploads/OWL_LOGO_Banner__web_.png): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/oldewood/public_html/admin/core/lib/PerchUtil.class.php on line 770

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpTdlNCm' to '/home/oldwood/public_html/uploads/OWL_LOGO_Banner__web_.png' in /home/oldewood/public_html/admin/core/lib/PerchUtil.class.php on line 770

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/oldewood/public_html/admin/core/lib/PerchUtil.class.php:770) in /home/oldewood/public_html/admin/core/inc/top.php on line 13

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/oldewood/public_html/admin/core/lib/PerchUtil.class.php:770) in /home/oldewood/public_html/admin/core/inc/top.php on line 14
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

For whatever reason PHP doesn't believe that uploads folder exists. I think you'll need to raise a support ticket with your host.

The dev location was on the same server. I had been running perch in their site before with a uploads folder. I then deleted everything in the web root and uploaded all the files from the dev location.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Ok, but that doesn't change the error that you're currently getting.

I'm gonna raise a ticket with the host about the permissions on the uploads folder.

So now that permissions have been fixed the upload error has went away. How and the heck do I get all of there images back into the assets they are showing empty in the admin area?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

If the files weren't readable, Perch may have marked them as AWOL. Can you try visiting this URL to reindex?

/perch/core/apps/assets/reindex/

You'll get a fairly empty page in response.

I tried that but nothing seems to be showing up after I come back to the assets area after I visit that url.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Does your database have a perch2_resources table? Is there anything in it?

Yes and yes

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

What value is the resourceAWOL column set to?

It is set to 1

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ok, so they're all marked as AWOL - let's update them. Can you run this SQL?

UPDATE perch2_resources SET resourceAWOL=0;

Ok how do I go about doing that in phpmyadmin? Forgive me for my ignorance when it comes to manipulating databases.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Is there somewhere you can run a new query?

Yes you can run queries within phpmyadmin. I have messed up my few fair shares of databases in my time and I am always hesitant about running queries. I can give you a screen shot if that will help.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Run the same in your dev environment first, then you know it's fine.

works now thanks Drew.