Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Configuration, Runway

Blog category error in Runway

I am getting the following error when I click on a blog category. It was working fine on the dev site and I moved all the files over to the live site and this was my only hiccup. Any ideas?

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/oldwood/public_html/uploads/perch_blog.perch_blog_category2ebbf4ca776d15258150dbe5df4382c4.cache): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/oldewood/public_html/admin/addons/apps/perch_blog/PerchBlog_Cache.class.php on line 53

Summary information

Perch Runway: 2.8.4, PHP: 5.4.23, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.10 - 20111026 - $Id: e707c415db32080b3752b232487a435ee0372157 $, with PDO
    Server OS: Linux, apache2handler
    Installed apps: content (2.8.4), assets (2.8.4), categories (2.8.4), perch_blog (4.6), ui_snipcart (1)
    App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_blog', 'ui_snipcart', );
    PERCH_LOGINPATH: /admin
    PERCH_PATH: /home/oldewood/public_html/admin
    PERCH_CORE: /home/oldewood/public_html/admin/core
    PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /home/oldwood/public_html/uploads
    Image manipulation: GD
    PHP limits: Max upload 8M, Max POST 8M, Memory: 64M, Total max file upload: 8M
    Resource folder writeable: No
    HTTP_HOST: www.oldewoodltd.com
    DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/oldewood/public_html
    REQUEST_URI: /admin/core/settings/diagnostics/
    SCRIPT_NAME: /admin/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Brandon Livengood

Brandon Livengood 1 points

• 6 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

This looks like a similar issue to your other one. This 'uploads' folder used for your resources doesn't seem to be there. If I just go to https://www.oldewoodltd.com/uploads/ I get a 404, is the directory there?

Yeah because it's loading all the images on the website.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Is the folder writable by PHP?

The folder has 777 but perch is seeing it as not writable.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

It could be too writable. Some hosts block 777 as too permissive.

I have other installs on the same server as 777 but I did put a ticket in with the host waiting to hear back from them.

What permission settings do you recommend other than 777?

Ok the permission thing has been fixed and is using 775 and the blog category cache error has went away.