Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Gallery

Image assets uploaded do not show and remain unlinked to the file in resource fo...

Hello Everyone,

I'm a first timer with Perch so bare with me if I'm talking nonsense...

I'm having an issue with images I upload to the default bucket. I upload the files, they seem to be getting processed, however once the processing is finished the assets don't show a preview and if i click into them the file is not connected to the file uploaded into the resources folder. If I then select the image again (this time from the resource folder) It says "asset successfully uploaded" but the file is still not actually connected or associated. The image title etc remains intact and the output files within the resources folder seem to be fine, including the thumbnails.

I've tried to skim over several other threads which seemed to have similar issues to me but I've not managed to find a solutions to this issue so far.

This happened originally when I tried to upload 200 of these, which I there had to delete 1 at a time. Wonder if a future improvement could also be batch editing image - unless I'm missing something and you can already do this?

I recreated the process with 6 images to document the process and included screenshots of the process / original images / output resource folder image in a drop public location. Let me know if access to this folder will help.

All the image are JPEG and approx 50-80kb each.

Here's my diagnostic report:

HEALTH CHECK Perch is up to date PHP 5.6.7 is up to date MySQL 5.5.42 is up to date Image processing available SUMMARY INFORMATION Perch: 2.8.5, PHP: 5.6.7, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 3c688b6bbc30d36af3ac34fdd4b7b5b787fe5555 $, with PDO Server OS: Darwin, apache2handler Installed apps: content (2.8.5), assets (2.8.5), categories (2.8.5) App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', ); PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch PERCH_PATH: /Users/marc-jeffrey/Projects/WOOF/root/perch PERCH_CORE: /Users/marc-jeffrey/Projects/WOOF/root/perch/core PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /Users/marc-jeffrey/Projects/WOOF/root/perch/resources Image manipulation: GD PHP limits: Max upload 32M, Max POST 32M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 32M Resource folder writeable: Yes HTTP_HOST: localhost:8888 DOCUMENT_ROOT: /Users/marc-jeffrey/Projects/WOOF/root REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/ SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php

Let me know if you require any further details.

Thanks

Marc Jeffrey

Marc Jeffrey 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Is this with the Gallery app? If so, there's a bug that we're about to release a fix for.

Not with the gallery app. Just standard asset upload area.

Here's the dropbox folder if you want to check out my results:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/88p1ctec44qj87p/AACRK0mdYCpkcEhPrIaQpcsJa?dl=0

Thanks for your help.

Hi Drew,

I just figured something new out. This only happens to assets which I have previously uploaded but deleted as I had to make crop edits on the photos and I didn't want the client to be confused by the 2 versions.

I recreated the issue by following these steps:

1) Upload 3 brand new image files never before uploaded - Everything worked fine

2) Deleted the images from the perch admin

3) Deleted and trashed the images from Resources folder

4) Re-Uploaded the same images again

• The issue now occurs

Is there some kind of history log I need to clear so Perch assumes re-uploaded assets are brand new?

Thanks.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I think the issue comes from your deletion of the files. Perch does a lot of work to manage files, keep those that are in use and clear out those that have fallen out of use.

Can you try deleting an asset from the control panel, and then reuploading it? If you let Perch manage the files, does that then work?

I deleted them from the admin first, then deleted the physical files from the resource folder.

I ended up having to start a new database. Had a quick look in the database before I restarted though and noticed all the image files still in there.

This may have been the issue?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

It's the deleting of the physical files that causes the issue. Resource folders are managed by Perch, so deleting the files yourself got things out of sync.

Thanks for your support.

Will make sure I don't delete them in the future.

I presume the files within the resource folder will just be overwritten in that case, once they have been re-uploaded with edits.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

The old files will be removed once they're no longer in use.