Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Configuration, Hosting

Content not showing after moving site to server

Hello there,

I recently tried to move a potion of the site I'm developing to a live server, however none of the content seems to be showing?

I'm using MAMP to develop the site locally. I exported the database then imported it onto the server using phpMyAdmin. All the files were uploaded using FTP client I then changed the config file to suit the new database credentials etc.

For some reason, I can access all the content on the admin interface etc, change it... Just can't get the content to actually show up on the website lol.

I'm sure it's something simples I've missed but can't seem to figure it out???

Diagnostics report HEALTH CHECK Perch is out of date. You are running Perch 2.8.5 and the latest is 2.8.6. Update instructions PHP 5.4.37 version is okay, but a little out of date. Consider updating soon. MySQL 5.5.32-cll-lve is up to date Image processing available SUMMARY INFORMATION Perch: 2.8.5, PHP: 5.4.37, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.10 - 20111026 - $Id: c85105d7c6f7d70d609bb4c000257868a40840ab $, with PDO Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi Installed apps: content (2.8.5), assets (2.8.5), categories (2.8.5), perch_forms (1.8.3) App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_forms', ); PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch PERCH_PATH: /home/ap2hosting/public_html/woofdubai.ae/perch PERCH_CORE: /home/ap2hosting/public_html/woofdubai.ae/perch/core PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /home/ap2hosting/public_html/woofdubai.ae/perch/resources Image manipulation: GD Imagick PHP limits: Max upload 32M, Max POST 48M, Memory: 64M, Total max file upload: 32M Resource folder writeable: Yes SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/ DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/ap2hosting/public_html/woofdubai.ae HTTP_HOST: woofdubai.ae

This is my first Perch install so a little rusty at this process.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Marc Jeffrey

Marc Jeffrey 0 points

• 6 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Were you developing in a subfolder locally? If so you will need to go into each page and fix your file paths.

Hi Rachel,

I wasn't developing in a subfolder locally. I've checked my page paths on the page settings and they all show / root location.

Here is my local dev diagnostics in case that helps

HEALTH CHECK Perch is up to date PHP 5.6.7 is up to date MySQL 5.5.42 is up to date Image processing available SUMMARY INFORMATION Perch: 2.8.6, PHP: 5.6.7, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 3c688b6bbc30d36af3ac34fdd4b7b5b787fe5555 $, with PDO Server OS: Darwin, apache2handler Installed apps: content (2.8.6), assets (2.8.6), categories (2.8.6), perch_forms (1.8.3) App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_forms', ); PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch PERCH_PATH: /Users/marc-jeffrey/Projects/WOOF/root/perch PERCH_CORE: /Users/marc-jeffrey/Projects/WOOF/root/perch/core PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /Users/marc-jeffrey/Projects/WOOF/root/perch/resources Image manipulation: GD PHP limits: Max upload 32M, Max POST 32M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 32M Resource folder writeable: Yes HTTP_HOST: localhost:8888 DOCUMENT_ROOT: /Users/marc-jeffrey/Projects/WOOF/root REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/ SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

If you View Source on a page containing Perch content can you see Perch tags and the Perch runtime?

Yeah thats right, the tags and runtime are shown on the page.

Something to do with the .htaccess file I presume, not parsing the page as PHP?

I have the following command on the file AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .htm .html

Which is placed with the root directory.

Is there something else I'm missing?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks Rachel,

Got it working. I had to change the htaccess command to the following statement to make it work

AddHandler fcgid-script .html FCGIWrapper /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/php5 .html

Awesome product and excellent support!