Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, Addons

Youtube App Title

Hello all,

If anyone else has come across this problem that can help it would be much appreciated!

I have been using this addon for ages but suddenly it has started printing out https://youtube.com/devicesupport as the title when in my code it is -

<h2><perch:content id="video" type="youtube" label="YouTube video URL" output="title" /></h2>

As I said this has been working fine up until now and the rest is still working but for some odd reason that title is coming up now?

Thanks, Martin

Martin Murphy

Martin Murphy 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Can you show us your diagnostics?

Okay, this is not an individual problem. Youtube seems to be doing api updates and I'm getting the same behaviour.

Anything that is already saved is working but if I save anything new or resave an item it replaces the intended video with the device message and that link for a title.

This is where the link goes>>

Right okay, so is there a fix for this do we know?

I don't have one. It's a bit worrying because it says it's about device support but I'm seeing it on various sites but all on my desktop browser, which it apparently shouldn't affect.

The devicesupport link and the video that it presents is what's being retrieved and saved by Perch at the time of saving the content based on the YouTube filetype.

Tried using the youtube embed code in a text block with html enabled. That works. So a workaround for the moment.

The videos are working fine for me its just the titles don't seem to be working so I have just replaced that with a text field to manually add the title as a temporary fix.

Do we know if this will require fixes to the addon or not?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

It looks like Google have discontinued the API, so this fieldtype won't work until it's been completely rewritten.

Drat.

Oh darn!

One for the list then Drew haha ;)

Thanks for the input on this one Robert!