Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Api, Forms

Post Processing Form Data

I'm looking to use Perch for a client project and I'm investigating how I can meet the requirement to submit contact form data to a 3rd party CRM system. It doesn't look like there are any hooks/events within the Perch Forms app that I can use. Have I missed something? I'm keen not to create a maintenance headache by editing/cloning the forms app or writing my own.

Kevin Jackson

Kevin Jackson 0 points

• 5 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Hi Kevin

writing your own app would be the way to do that, Perch can post to two apps at once so you can just send the data to your app as well as the Forms app.

Rachel

Many Thanks, I'd not considered posting in parallel (too long working with ExpressionEngine hooks I guess)

Kevin

Having thought about this more closely running in parallel introduces too many issues for this situation so I dont think Perch is the answer. Could I ask if there are any plans for the Perch Forms add-on to publish any events/hooks?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

What hooks do you need?

Drew

Ideally when a particular form has completed processing (passed spam checking and fields have been saved to DB, either before or after email) an event to trigger another add-on to handle interfacing to CRM or other systems.

I guess I could do a mash-up with email but client the has some other sites based on ExpressionEngine where I have used a hook in forms package to trigger updates to a CRM system.

It would be graeta to piggy back on all the good spam processing in the Forms app.

Kevin

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Ok, I can look at adding that.

Drew

Many thanks

Kevin

Did anything come of this?