Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Suggestions, Events

perch_events_categories needs updating and documenting

perch_events_categories needs to updating so that the newer array form can be used, still only allows $opts. Seems to have got forgotten. Also at present there is no documentation at all that I can find.

Please please please update the whole app.

Robert Sinclair

Robert Sinclair 4 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Can you give an example?

Which bit?

It allows the old way:

$opts = array(
    'event-day-template' => 'events/listing/events-list.html'
    );              
perch_events_listing($opts);

but not this:

perch_events_listing(array(
));

I know this is perch_events_listing() but it seems the same with that too. With the other apps (In fact with perch_events_custom) I've got used to using the newer array and even square brackets, so it's shame that this inconsistency has crept in with the march of development.

I use the Events app A LOT because I work with bands, venues and theatre companies. That may be niche for most but having the features that appear in the other apps would be amazing (category integration, etc.), let alone the discussion I've seen of end datetimes.

I not going to make a list of other features I'd like to see because there has been a comprehensive thread about that already.

Thanks for listening.

Robert Sinclair said:

Which bit?

It allows the old way:

$opts = array(
  );              
perch_events_listing($opts);

but not this:

perch_events_listing(array(
));

I know this is perch_events_listing() but it seems the same with that too. With the other apps (In fact with perch_events_custom) I've got used to using the newer array and even square brackets, so it's shame that this inconsistency has crept in with the march of development.

I use the Events app A LOT because I work with bands, venues and theatre companies. That may be niche for most but having the features that appear in the other apps would be amazing (category integration, etc.), let alone the discussion I've seen of end datetimes.

I not going to make a list of other features I'd like to see because there has been a comprehensive thread about that already.

Thanks for listening.

Robert, Are you saying BOTH functions you listed above don't work?? They are exactly the same in the eyes of PHP.

Just as

perch_content_custom(['skip-template'=>true]);

or

$opts = array('skip-template'=>true);
perch_content_custom($opts);

or

perch_content_custom(array('skip-template'=>true));

They should all work...

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

As Robert correctly says, those are the same. It's only a stylistic change.

You are both completely correct on this.

It was a long, dark day and I will always feel like a beginner.

The other stuff is true.

I still think Perch is fantastic.

Thanks for your patience.