Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Error

Has anyone fixed the automatically rotating images yet?

Has anyone fixed the automatically rotating images yet? I have clients that are getting very upset with this problem. Whenever they upload images from the iPhone, it is automatically rotating sideways. It does not happen on every image, but it does happen a lot. If this issue cannot be fixed AT ALL, please just let me know so that I can cancel my subscription and go elsewhere. Thanks in advance!

Eric Hudson

Eric Hudson 0 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I think perhaps you're referring to Perch not correcting the orientation of an image that has been taken with the camera rotated - is that correct? i.e. you're uploading sideways images, but Perch wasn't fixing the rotation for you.

If so, yes, that was changed back in Perch 3.0.0, so you shouldn't've been seeing that happen for a while now.

I actually upgraded to Perch 3, and when I upload an image in portrait from an iPhone or iPad, it rotates sideways on its own. The image is the right side up on my computer when I upload it, but it turns sideways when I upload it to Perch.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Do you have Exif libraries installed? These would be required in order to rotate the image. This is what your phone or computer is doing, the image has an incorrect orientation, you are asking Perch to fix it for you.

https://php.net/manual/en/exif.installation.php