Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

Hmm, ok. Do you have any suggestions of where I should go from here? Do you want me to provide you with additional info or should I try troubleshooting stuff on my own? Like deleting pages, changing how its setup, etc?

I think I found whats up/the pattern. I do apologize for not realizing this earlier. I can access the page with the tag and everything works, but I have to logout and relogin for it to work. I assumed it worked and the session didn't have to be cleared (not sure what thats called, sorry). So it seems to be working!

My only question would be whether this is normal or not... and what if a tag is removed from someone, but they never logout, so they still have access to a page?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

The permissions are loaded up when a user logs in, and they're attached to the session. That session will expire if they log in or not, and if you change the permissions interactively from code on the page it will be updated.

The only case where they won't be updated mid-session is if you make a change via the control panel.

Ah okay, thank you. I am making the change via the control panel where I tag the member with a tag and untag them-- preventing them from accessing the page.

Would you be able to tell me how often the session expires? I want to make sure when I select for a tag to end on a certain date, access ends on that day. If they're able to stay logged in, essentially they still have access. Am I correct in saying that?

Thank you for all of your help, I appreciate it very much.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

The session length depends on server configuration - we're just using standard PHP sessions.

Okay, thanks for your help!