Forum

Thread tagged as: Shop

Products App Role

Hi Guys.

I'm adding a new user into a Perch install with Shop and can't seem to find the option under the role privileges to allow them to manage and add products? I've ticked all the boxes and the Products App doesn't show up under the App menu for the new user.

It shows and works fine if I log in as the Admin just not as an editor.

David Clarke

David Clarke 0 points

• 5 years ago

I've just noticed the orders item in the App list is acting the same way too.. I can get them both to display in the menu by changing:

if ($CurrentUser->logged_in() && $CurrentUser->has_priv('perch_shop.products')) {

to:

if ($CurrentUser->logged_in()) {

in the perch/addons/apps/perch_shop_products/admin.php file and the same for the orders app too.. The list of products then displays but any editing is not available, you can't add new products or delete existing ones when logged in under the editor role.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Do you see the privileges listed in the Role options?

Nope, I have Shop but no Products or Orders box to tick.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ok, that could be an installation bug. I'm going to look into it.

Ok, thanks Drew.

Hi Drew.

Did you get a chance to look into this bug? Or is there some way I can fix it without re-installing everything? The shop is about ready to go live and the only way I can give my client the permissions to create and manage products is to make them an admin - which works but isn't ideal.

Many thanks :)

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

See if Shop 1.0.5 helps at all.

Thanks Drew, that fixed it - all working now :)