Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

Assets function is really slow

Since a change some time ago to Perch (I think) which put all the images being used in Content Regions into the Assets area (previously I think you had to explicitly add images to Assets), our Assets content is now several thousand images in size.

Most of these images are used just once in a particular story, and are never reused in another story, but we have about 250 that are used over and over.

Our problem is that finding an image is now very slow as Perch sorts through all our Assets to find the one our editor wants.

Is there a solution to this? I looked through Buckets but can't see how I can use this. I really would like Assets to just respond with the 250 images we reuse. Since these all share a common naming convention (xxxcrest.jpg where xxx is a number), we can easily sort out the ones we want to reuse.

Thanks

Stefan Youngs

Stefan Youngs 0 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Slow in what regard?

Click Assets.. 30 seconds before Assets appear. This is the issue for us because we can't select an asset until the Asset window appears with the first page of assets.

The delay has steadily increased as our number of assets grew.

We have 115 pages of Assets. Click Next: 16 seconds before next page

Search for any asset is very fast: 1 second.

We don't actually need to see an Asset to select it since we know its title, so once the Asset window appears we are off to the races.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Could you post your diagnostics report?

Wow! I was a little behind at 25. Updated to 29 and Assets now appear lightning fast.

Great job.