Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Shop

Collect in Store shipping option

Is there a way to offer in-store collection but not have it as the default shipping option?

Initially I thought setting it up as a zero-cost shipping option would be the best way but this way it gets chosen as the cart default and I really don't want that.

So I guess I'm asking - can we set a default shipping option that is not the cheapest shipping option?

Pete Lambert

Pete Lambert 0 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Are you using perch_shop_shipping_method_form() ? You should be able to edit the shippings/method_form.html template to add a value to the <perch:input type="select" /> field.

Hmm. That does set the default option in the shipping form select element, but what I'm after is changing (or setting) the default shipping method that is applied to a cart, before the user even touches the shipping method form.

At the moment, shipping methods seem to be ordered alphabetically (in the CMS), and it seems that when I add an item to the cart it applies the top-most alphabetically sorted shipping method by default.

So for instance, my shipping options are titled:

• Collect in store
  • First Class
  • Next Day
  • Standard

If I delete Collect in store (or rename it), then First Class gets applied by default to a new cart.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

It sounds like we need to add a configurable Order field to those, in that case.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

We're actually sorting by the lowest price first - or it's supposed to be. Do you have multiple options that are free?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Actually, scratch that, we're supposed to be sorting on price but we're sorting on nonsense. Taking a look at it.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Give Shop 1.0.5 a try - you can now set the priority of each shipping method.

Thanks Drew. Will give it a whirl.

Yep. That's done the trick. Thanks for the quick fix, buddy.

Hi, sorry to hijack.. But how do you change the priority of the shipping? I can see it in the list of shipping methods, but in the options page of each method there doesn't seem to be any entry for priority.

David, you'll need to add the new Sort Order field to your /perch/templates/shop/shippings/shipping.html for it to show up.