Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

User Credentials not being sent in email

Hi,

I've recently run into a new problem that when new users are created they are not receiving their email with the username and password. It's also not working when I resend the instructions. This has happened now on 3 different perch sites. Here is the diagnostic of the most recent one not working. Thanks.

Perch: 2.8.29, PHP: 5.6.22, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 76b08b24596e12d4553bd41fc93cccd5bac2fe7a $, with PDO
Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi
Installed apps: content (2.8.29), assets (2.8.29), categories (2.8.29), perch_blog (5.0)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_blog', );
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
PERCH_PATH: /home/gregston/public_html/vmm-dev/perch
PERCH_CORE: /home/gregston/public_html/vmm-dev/perch/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /home/gregston/public_html/vmm-dev/perch/resources
Image manipulation: GD
PHP limits: Max upload 64M, Max POST 64M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 64M
F1: 2edba60ed1f613d6dd804feb202456a2
Resource folder writeable: Yes
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/gregston/public_html/vmm-dev
HTTP_HOST: vmm-dev.champkiddesign.com
REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Greg Stone

Greg Stone 0 points

• 5 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Have you checked that emails are being sent via the tool in Settings?

Most email issues aren't Perch, but either the mail isn't leaving your host or it is but then is being caught by spam.

Yeah, that's what's odd. The settings are saying the test emails are going out, but neither I nor my clients are getting the emails. I've looked through spam and the trash. This is the first time this has happened, and it seems to be happening on all of my perch sites that I've checked.

So I found a common denominator,

With the sites that I developed with Perch on my online server, the email feature is working great.

But the sites that I developed with Perch on my local sever are the ones that are not working.

Would it be something in the database?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

No, it's more likely to be the SMTP configuration on your local server.

Your right, my SMTP configuration was off on my local server. But that configuration somehow transferred to my online server and emails are not being sent.

Would Perch hold any SMTP info I can edit -or would you have any idea on cPanel or MyPHPAdmin where I could edit this? This is further down the rabbit hole I've been before.

The file that needs to be edited is a php.ini file.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Thanks! That solved it. I should have known this... I've messed with these options before.