Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Runway

No should I?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

How are you going to link to them from the SRP otherwise?

Ok, I thought it would just pick up the content as it did before on Perch. What would my link be then, for the whole photography collection? I have albums displayed here https://www.nickoakleyphotography.com/album.php/?s=abstract-and-miscellaneous and individual images https://www.nickoakleyphotography.com/detail.php/?s=frozen-air

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

In Perch content is assigned to a page. So to link to an item of content, Perch can link to its page.

Collections do not have a page, so if you want to be able to link to them you need to configure where the link should go.

It sounds like you need to set it something along the lines of

/detail.php/?s={slug}

I tried that but no results.

Debug Message
[1] SELECT * FROM perch2_pages WHERE pagePath='/search.php' LIMIT 1
Using template: /templates/search/search-form.html
[2] SELECT regionKey, regionHTML FROM perch2_content_regions WHERE regionPage='/search.php' OR regionPage='*' ORDER BY regionPage DESC
Search term: Poppy
[37] SELECT DISTINCT settingID, settingValue FROM perch2_settings WHERE userID=0
[nil] SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS DISTINCT 'PerchContent_SearchHandler' AS source, MATCH(ci.itemSearch) AGAINST('Poppy') AS score, r.regionPage AS col1, ci.itemSearch AS col2, ci.itemJSON AS col3, r.regionOptions AS col4, p.pageNavText AS col5, p.pageTitle AS col6, regionTemplate AS col7, r.regionKey AS col8 FROM perch2_content_regions r, perch2_content_items ci, perch2_pages p WHERE r.regionID=ci.regionID AND r.regionRev=ci.itemRev AND r.pageID=p.pageID AND r.regionPage!='*' AND r.regionSearchable=1 AND (MATCH(ci.itemSearch) AGAINST('Poppy') OR MATCH(ci.itemSearch) AGAINST('Poppy') ) AND r.regionPage LIKE '/%' ORDER BY score DESC LIMIT 0, 1000
[nil] SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS DISTINCT 'PerchContent_SearchHandler' AS source, 0-(LENGTH(r.regionPage)-LENGTH(REPLACE(r.regionPage, '/', ''))) AS score, r.regionPage AS col1, ci.itemSearch AS col2, ci.itemJSON AS col3, r.regionOptions AS col4, p.pageNavText AS col5, p.pageTitle AS col6, regionTemplate AS col7, r.regionKey AS col8 FROM perch2_content_regions r, perch2_content_items ci, perch2_pages p WHERE r.regionID=ci.regionID AND r.regionRev=ci.itemRev AND r.pageID=p.pageID AND r.regionPage!='*' AND r.regionSearchable=1 AND ci.itemSearch REGEXP '[[:<:]]Poppy[[:>:]]' AND r.regionPage LIKE '/%' ORDER BY score ASC LIMIT 0, 1000
[0] SELECT FOUND_ROWS() AS `count`
Using template: /templates/search/search-result.html
Using template: /templates/search/search-form.html

Also I am still getting this error on diagnostics as mentioned earlier but do not know how to correct.. "Temp folder is not writable. Check the path to your temp folder in your runway.php file and check permissions are set for PHP to write to it."

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Try changing:

'apps' => array('PerchContent'),

to:

'apps' => ['PerchContent', 'PerchContent_RunwaySearch']

Yes that worked a treat, thank you!

What about that temp error, is it significant?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Yes, you shouldn't have any errors. Make sure the tmp folder path is correct in your config/runway.php file.