Forum

Thread tagged as: Addons, Suggestions, Events

Events App – Additional Features

Hi Drew/Rachel,

I've had a few run-ins with the events app where a client has asked me to enable additional functionality such as:

• Add an end time for an event
  • Add an event that's a full day event without times (no times, just the date itself)
  • Add a recurring event (examples I've been asked for include: recur every other Wednesday, recur every Tuesday, recur fortnightly, recur 1st Tuesday of every month)
  • Add a multi-day event

These actually would be very helpful and is something that I can see would come in really useful for all Perchers and their clients. I hope this is something you'd consider looking into :)

Regards, Phil

Philip Gwynne

Philip Gwynne 1 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Those features are planned.

Is it possible to get a rough ETA on these features? I am looking for the same functionality and if it's a matter of weeks I'd wait, but if it might take a year or so I'd go ahead and try to implement it myself.

Thanks!

Hello Drew, it's me again still hoping to replace our current outdated events solution with Perch, which we're using for the rest of the site.

Any chance of an ETA regarding the points that the OP mentioned?

Thanks!

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Events is not a highly used App, so while it is something we intend to update it's not high priority and therefore behind the Perch 2.9 update and other things. We never give an ETA for anything unless it is basically already in code as too many things can mean we have to switch attention as a small team.

Perch has an API (it's how all of our official apps are developed) so anyone else could go out and develop a new add-on that does these things.