Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

Assets Question

Hi,

My first perch build is going along well. I just have few questions on assets. There is no issue with the GD/Image Magick library both locally and my remote stage as assets are uploading correctly.

Now initially I was adding the images as I was updating the blog posts. The main image and 5 different sizes were getting created as expected. Now I realized my image organization is incorrect. So I would like to upload them to a bucket called "mainimages" rather than the main resources folder. I added the bucket="mainimages" attribute but when i come to the post and click submit the image remains in the main folder.

Do I need to select "Remove" option in image and then re-upload the image to the correct bucket? Or if I manually move the image directly in the folder structure will it suffice?

Here is the template tag for image upload I am using now: <perch:blog id="image" type="image" width="844" height="400" crop="true" bucket="mainimages" suppress="true" />

And here is my diagnostic report (the short one):

Perch Runway: 2.8.29, PHP: 5.6.10, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 3c688b6bbc30d36af3ac34fdd4b7b5b787fe5555 $, with PDO
Server OS: Darwin, cgi-fcgi
Installed apps: content (2.8.29), assets (2.8.29), categories (2.8.29), perch_blog (5.0)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_blog', );
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /boomboomisgood
PERCH_PATH: /Users/shubhatt/Dropbox/Enjoyable Recipes/Perch/boomboomisgood
PERCH_CORE: /Users/shubhatt/Dropbox/Enjoyable Recipes/Perch/boomboomisgood/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /Users/shubhatt/Dropbox/Enjoyable Recipes/Perch/boomboomisgood/resources
Image manipulation: GD
PHP limits: Max upload 32M, Max POST 32M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 32M
F1: 2edba60ed1f613d6dd804feb202456a2
Resource folder writeable: Yes
SCRIPT_NAME: /boomboomisgood/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
REQUEST_URI: /boomboomisgood/core/settings/diagnostics/
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /Users/shubhatt/Dropbox/Enjoyable Recipes/Perch
HTTP_HOST: enjoyablerecipes.perch

Shubhojyoti Bhattacharya

Shubhojyoti Bhattacharya 0 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

As things stand at the moment, you'll need to reupload the images to change them from one bucket to another.

This is something we're hoping to improve before too long.

Okay thanks for the confirmation. Its a small blog so I can do it easily.