Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Members

Questions re: Tags in Members app

Is it possible to define a set of tags and then select from them on a per user basis? Is the only way to delete tags assigned to a user completely (rather than just deselecting) by deleting the user? Why when I add a tag… "Committee" it appear capitalised in the "By tag" dropdown but if I add the tag… "Staff" it display in the dropdown as "staff"?

Loving 2.5

Nick Loat

Nick Loat 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Is it possible to define a set of tags and then select from them on a per user basis?

It's not. When would that be useful to have?

Is the only way to delete tags assigned to a user completely (rather than just deselecting) by deleting the user?

How is deselecting different from deleting the tag? That's what deselecting does.

Why when I add a tag… "Committee" it appear capitalised in the "By tag" drop down but if I add the tag… "Staff" it display in the dropdown as "staff"?

It will depend on how the tag was entered when it was created.

Re: Set of tags.

It would ensure consistency (of the tags i.e. is Tag and tag the same) and would be easier to apply rather than having to enter them all again for each member. I'm currently building a site for a community shop where members would be tagged either (or combinations of) "Committee", "Staff" or "Member" having a predefined list of tags to choose from when adding a member would make adding a new member easier for the admin (most member will be added by the admin rather than via a registration form).

One thing that cropped up today… Is it possible to add first last name to the the admin/add member page? In my application most of the members will be added by the admin in which case currently the first name will be missing from the "Welcome back … !" in the frontend.

Doh, Sorry, just realised that deselecting the tag does delete it from the list.