Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, Shop

Perch Shop Error

Hi,

Getting this error in when showing the cart:

A non-numeric value encountered in /admin/addons/apps/perch_shop/lib/PerchShop_Product.class.php on line 399

I've echo'd out the variable responsible for this, and it returns string(0) "".

It's a variant of a product, that has a price set. Once again, mini diagnostics:

Perch Runway: 3.0.8, PHP: 7.1.6, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: b396954eeb2d1d9ed7902b8bae237b287f21ad9e $, with PDO Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi Installed apps: content (3.0.8), assets (3.0.8), categories (3.0.8), perch_blog (5.5.1), perch_forms (1.9), perch_shop_orders (1.2.2), perch_shop_products (1.2.2), perch_shop (1.2.2), chirp_seo (1.1), perch_members (1.6.2) App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = [ 'perch_members', 'perch_shop', 'perch_forms', 'perch_blog', 'chirp_seo' ];

Ryan Gittings

Ryan Gittings 1 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

What is the price set to? What is the tax rate set to?

Ryan Gittings

Ryan Gittings 1 points
Registered Developer

It seems to coming off the trade and sale prices, which aren’t set to anything, just empty fields.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Do you have trade or sale pricing enabled?

Ryan Gittings

Ryan Gittings 1 points
Registered Developer

Where do I enable/disable that?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

There's a few different ways. If you've checked the box to use sale pricing on a product, or created a sale period, or enabled either sale or trade pricing on your page would be a few of the main ones.

Ryan Gittings

Ryan Gittings 1 points
Registered Developer

Sale pricing isn't checked, there is a promotion created, but no sale period. No code references.

So to answer you're question - not to my knowledge!

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ok, so where does that leave things?

Ryan Gittings

Ryan Gittings 1 points
Registered Developer

Well, the easy way for me to eradicate the error was to add a fix, which I noted:

// TODO: Bug fix if (empty($base_price)) { $base_price = 0; }

Not ideal at all, but it removes all errors and things appear to work as usual. I'm presuming it's referencing an empty field of either sale/trade price for some reason, so if a sale/trade price hasn't been set, it's returning the empty string.