Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Are you building the site in a subfolder still? I don't see an answer to Drew's question.

hi

I think I heartinternet puts the files in a sub folder by default when you are temporarily creating the site. I am uploading the files with an FTP to 79.170.44.20 to view the site you go to "temp web address" which is https://176.32.230.9/activelifestyles.org.uk/

Dose this help??

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I think it's only going to add to your problems. I'd recommend keeping the setup simple until you feel like you have a good grasp on the basics.

Hi

I think that is unfair. I can't make the code to move the date and activity from the events page to the index page any simpler. Are you saying perch is not able to do it or are you saying you cant work out how to do it? I think it is a bit of a cheek. To say keep it simple until I have a good grasp of the basics that why I have asked for help in this forum.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

No, I'm suggesting limiting the amount of variables. You need some help getting this working, which is fine of course, but you'll be changing it all again when it goes live, and that might not be wise.

Did you try my suggestion for your page option?

Hi

I have managed to get rid of the red warning but the slider is still not showing the required fields. I do have the following in the debug messages in purple:

SELECT regionID, regionTemplate, regionPage, regionRev AS rev FROM perch2_content_regions WHERE regionKey='Events' AND (regionPage='/activelifestyles.org.uk/events.php' OR regionPage='*')
SELECT * FROM ( SELECT idx.itemID, c.regionID, idx.pageID, c.itemJSON, idx2.indexValue as sortval FROM perch2_content_index idx JOIN perch2_content_items c ON idx.itemID=c.itemID AND idx.itemRev=c.itemRev AND idx.regionID=c.regionID JOIN perch2_content_index idx2 ON idx.itemID=idx2.itemID AND idx.itemRev=idx2.itemRev AND idx2.indexKey='_order' WHERE ((idx.regionID=4 AND idx.itemRev=1)) AND idx.itemID=idx2.itemID AND idx.itemRev=idx2.itemRev ) as tbl GROUP BY itemID ORDER BY sortval ASC LIMIT 0, 4
Using template: /templates/content/_events_list.html
SELECT regionKey, regionHTML FROM perch2_content_regions WHERE regionPage='/activelifestyles.org.uk/index.php' OR regionPage='*' ORDER BY regionPage DESC

Dose this cast some light. I don't understand what it is trying to say.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

That looks like it should. What output are you getting?

HI

Using chrome developer tool inside the scroll it is showing the

<section class="newsblock"> </section>

But the perch content is from the events page is missing.

Previously the section class newsblock was not showing.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Is that markup from your template or from the page?

Hi

The code is on the page but the php isn't pulling the data from the events page.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Do any other regions in your site work?

Yes I have two regions on the home page that being the day in the top right box and the Secretary phone number in the box under the PayPal donation button. Perch is also producing 4 dates, activities and description on the events.php page.

Yes I have two regions on the home page that being the day in the top right box and the Secretary phone number in the box under the PayPal donation button. Perch is also producing 4 dates, activities and description on the events.php page.

Hi

Thank you for your help it was very much appreciated. The issue of perch_content_custom content has now been solved thanks the Graham Street for Streets Ahead. Many thanks Graham for seeing the problem and seeing how to fix it.

For those who are reading this tread it is quite convoluted exchanges. Below I have the code to move the two items from the events page that being the date and activity. I used css to style and position the text.

Starting on the events page I have the following code:

<?php perch_content('Events'); ?>

I used the template events.html below to show the date, activity and description:

<perch:before> <table> </perch:before> <tr> <td class="posdate"> <perch:content id="heading" type="date" label="Day Date Month" format="%d %B %Y" required="true" /> <td> <td class="spacer1"> <perch:content id="activity" type="text" label="Activity" textile="true" editor="markitup" required="true" /> </td> <td class="spacer"> <perch:content id="discription" type="textarea" label="Discription" editor="markitup" required="false" /> </td> </tr> <perch:after> </table> </perch:after>

The code in the slider on the index page was:

<?php $opts = array( 'page'=>'/activelifestyles.org.uk/events.php', 'template'=>'_events_list.html', 'sort'=>'heading', 'sort-order'=>'ASC', 'count'=>8 ); perch_content_custom('Events', $opts); ?>

The template _events_list.html called to display the date and activity was:

<perch:if exists="heading"> <perch:if id="heading" match="gt" value="{today}"> <div class="eventshome"> <br /> <p class="date"><perch:content id="heading" type="date" label="Day Date Month" format="%d %B %Y" required="true" /></p> <perch:content id="activity" type="text" label="Activity" textile="true" editor="markitup" required="true" /><br /> </div> </perch:if>

I hope that this works for you or gives you an idea of how to display two items from three on another page. Once again thanks Drew and especially Graham from Streets Ahead.