Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

Montgomery Lewis said:

Natalia, see this thread if you need a fix in the meantime:

https://forum.grabaperch.com/forum/08-30-2017-redactor-in-blocks-issue

Thank you so much!! I will try implement this fix in the meantime :)

I was having this same issue, but updating to the latest version of CKEditor from the Perch Addons page fixed it. For me, it was related to one of the first lines in /perch/addons/plugins/editors/ckeditor/perch/config.js. Specifically, the last line in this snippet from that file:

$(function() {

var set_up_ckeditor = function() {

$('.ckeditor').removeClass('ckeditor').addClass('perch-ckeditor');

Hope it helps.

Shane Lenzen said:

I was having this same issue, but updating to the latest version of CKEditor from the Perch Addons page fixed it. For me, it was related to one of the first lines in /perch/addons/plugins/editors/ckeditor/perch/config.js. Specifically, the last line in this snippet from that file:

$(function() {

var set_up_ckeditor = function() {

$('.ckeditor').removeClass('ckeditor').addClass('perch-ckeditor');

Hope it helps.

Hi Shane, This definitely helped! I was about to attempt the previous suggestion using redactor which I am sure would have also worked, but since I was already utilizing ckeditor I gave this a go.

Updating to the latest version on its own did not fix the issue, however, you set my sights on the config.js file, so I took a good look into it :

$('textarea.perch-ckeditor:not([data-init])').each(function(i,o){
            var self = $(o);

// I COMMENTED OUT THIS SECTION HERE //
            /*if (self.parents('.spare').length) {
                return false;
            }*/

self.wrap('<div class="editor-wrap ckeditor-wrap"></div>');
            CKEDITOR.replace(o);
            self.attr('data-init', true);
        });

Commenting out the section as mentioned above fixed the issue for me, now ckeditor is loading across all blocks. I imagine it is not a fullproof solution as the code is in there for a reason (will look into this), but for now at least, it is a fix!

Phew! Thank you everyone for your help