Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Error

Can't move a page via CMS - causes blank page

Hi, I've just tried moving a page via: page options > Location > Path (with 'Move the page to this location' selected)

I can confirm via FTP that the page is moved to the new directory; however the page appears blank when visiting the URL.

It is not a 404 and when viewing the source code, the page is completely blank.

To get the page working again, I have to update the path to the previous location again.

I have tried this with multiple pages on two separate Perch sites and get the same issue. I have tried republishing also, no help either.

What is going on?

Thanks!

James Hazelton

James Hazelton 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

What does the include line at the top of the page look like? Are you running Perch 2.5.4?

Page:

<?php include(str_replace('/', DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR, '../../admin/templates/pages/general_template_two_columns.php')); ?>

Template:

<?php include($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/admin/runtime.php'); ?>

Running Perch: v2.5.4

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Does that path look correct for your installation?

I've double checked, the include path for the page is not updated. I've had to download the page, edit to remove one up ../ and now it works.

Is a bit of a pain to do this for a heap of pages, so is this a Perch bug?

I'll also note, when trying to rename or overwrite the file on the FTP directory, it is denied. However I can delete and upload after editing offline.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Perch will attempt to rewrite the include path when the page is moved. Is it right at the top of the file?

No, the include path remains the same when moving to a different directory, this is the issue.

Perch will rename the file correctly, move the file correctly to another directory, however the include path is not updated.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Can you show me your diagnostics report?

edit test

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Found it, edited previous post.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

If you could post it, that would help.

Hi - I'm having the same problem as described above - exact same symptoms - when a page is moved into a subdirectory the line of code at the top of the page is not updated to work with the new location.

I've pasted the diagnostics from this site below.

HEALTH CHECK

Perch is up to date PHP 5.3.3-7+squeeze17 version is okay, but a little out of date. Consider updating soon. MySQL 5.1.66-0+squeeze1-log is up to date Image processing available SUMMARY INFORMATION

Perch: 2.6.3, PHP: 5.3.3-7+squeeze17, MySQL: 5.1.66, with PDO Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi Installed apps: content (2.6.3), assets (2.6.3), categories (2.6.3), perch_gallery (2.8.5), perch_backup (1.2) App runtimes: <?php include(PERCH_PATH.'/core/apps/content/runtime.php'); include(PERCH_PATH.'/addons/apps/perch_gallery/runtime.php'); ?> PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch PERCH_PATH: /home/users/uks15446/html/eurosustainability.org/perch PERCH_CORE: /home/users/uks15446/html/eurosustainability.org/perch/core PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /home/users/uks15446/html/eurosustainability.org/perch/resources Image manipulation: GD Imagick PHP limits: Max upload 32M, Max POST 32M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 32M Resource folder writeable: Yes HTTP_HOST: eurosustainability.org DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/users/uks15446/html/eurosustainability.org REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/ SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Hi Mallen

please start a new thread if you have a new issue.

Thanks!