Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Configuration, Shop

Shop administration roles

I’ve been testing shop plugin, however I’m unable to setup Roles for new users to administer the shop. Apparently, the only Role who can manage products and orders is Admin. Is that intended? That would be crazy.

The shop is @ perchdemo.com, with old versions installed.

Perch Runway: 2.8.29, PHP: 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.11, MySQL: 5.5.43, with PDO
Server OS: Linux, apache2handler
Installed apps: content (2.8.29), assets (2.8.29), categories (2.8.29), perch_blog (5.0), perch_events (1.9.2), perch_forms (1.8.3), perch_gallery (2.8.6), perch_shop_orders (1.0), perch_shop_products (1.0), perch_questions (1.0), perch_shop (1.0), perch_members (1.5)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = [ 'content', 'categories', 'perch_members', 'perch_shop', 'perch_blog', 'perch_forms', 'perch_gallery', 'perch_events', ];
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
PERCH_PATH: /home/sites/zavadil31893/public_html/perch
PERCH_CORE: /home/sites/zavadil31893/public_html/perch/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /home/sites/zavadil31893/public_html/perch/resources
Image manipulation: GD Imagick
PHP limits: Max upload 60M, Max POST 80M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 60M
F1: 2edba60ed1f613d6dd804feb202456a2
Resource folder writeable: Yes
HTTP_HOST: zavadil31893.perchdemo.com
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/sites/zavadil31893/public_html
REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Jiri Zavadil

Jiri Zavadil 0 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

The current version (1.0.5) has this fixed.

Hi Jiri

I would update to the latest versions of Runway and Shop. I am running these, and there are lots of options for different privileges relating to Shop

Great, thanks. Could you update the shop for me please? So I don't have to develop entire e-shop just to play with this. (I also hope the 1.0.5 includes promised printing :) )

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

We periodically update the demos. I can't update your specific one.

I'm not sure what you mean about printing.

Oh, ok, when's the next period?

I meant Invoice generation, which is something I also can't find in the demo. screen from https://shop.perchcms.com/features

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

The demo is just a demo of some simple functionality. It's not a demo of every possible thing you could do with Shop. Perch Shop isn't a "shop in a box" it's a toolkit for developing a shop, so if you wanted invoices you have the tools to create those when building your customer account area.

Oh, so instead of listing the features, why don't you just write "It can do whatever you develop"? :D

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

The features are those that you have access to, depending on the Shop you want to develop.