Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Runway, Backup

There is one row. planId: 1 , resourceID: 5, runID: 12

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Ok, great. Did that run complete or hit an issue?

It looks to run fine. My daily db backup to dropbox ran every day over the weekend, yet no assets have attempted to be backed up.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Do you see it listed in the run history for the plan?

Yes, with the exception of the database backup, I get "In Progress" in the plan run history every 10 minutes.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Is there anything in your error log?

PHP Manager's error log records no errors related to perch backup. Are there any other logs besides the Runway backup plan and scheduled tasks history?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

What's your max script time set to?

max_execution_time = 300 (in seconds)

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

That should be long enough to transfer a file provided your server isn't on a really bad connection.

Mysql perch2_backup_runs reflects runType 'resources' being 'In Progress' every 10 minutes and ending at August 25th. What's interesting is my Backup Plan History on my /perch site page shows 'In Progress' every 10 minutes up to 10 minutes ago. It's like the record stopped being entered on August 25th, but perch runway still has records in 'In Progress' attempts at runType resources backup.

This site backed up 1 asset of about 2000 from the perch/resources folder about 2 months ago, but nothing else. I'm still at a loss on what to do.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

It sounds like the transfers are timing out or otherwise failing somehow. Where are you backing up to?

I'm backing up to Dropbox. Regular DB backups are still successful on a 24 hour interval.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Have you tried any other destinations at all?

I have tried backing up to other folders within Dropbox with no success.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ok. I'm not sure what else to suggest unless you have any further diagnostic information I can review.

Did you get this resolved? I'm having the same issue. backup to dropbox works fine for a while (1 hour db backups, 10 min backup schedule cron job), but then the asset backups stop working with all subsequent asset backups marked as "In progress". The database backups continue to work fine.