Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem

Master template - Regions not showing

I'm trying to create my first master page (template.php) with Perch, and have added editable regions like so:

<h1 class="offer-title strong"><perch:content id="h1" type="text" label="H1" /></h1>

<h2><perch:content id="h2" type="text" label="H2" /></h2>

I have created a test page that uses this master template, which loads correctly (the runtime file is included correctly), the HTML source looks correct (i.e <h1 class="offer-title strong"><perch:content id="h1" type="text" label="H1"></perch:content></h1> ) however nothing shows up as an editable region in the Perch control panel.

Am I being stupid and doing something completely wrong here?

Thanks!

SUMMARY INFORMATION

Perch: 2.8.13, PHP: 5.6.8, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 3c688b6bbc30d36af3ac34fdd4b7b5b787fe5555 $, with PDO Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi Installed apps: content (2.8.13), assets (2.8.13), categories (2.8.13) App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', ); PERCH_LOGINPATH: /cms PERCH_PATH: /var/sites/l/domain.com/public_html/cms PERCH_CORE: /var/sites/l/domain.com/public_html/cms/core PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /var/sites/l/domain.com/public_html/cms/resources Image manipulation: GD PHP limits: Max upload 100M, Max POST 100M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 100M Resource folder writeable: Yes DOCUMENT_ROOT: /var/sites/w/www.domain.com/public_html HTTP_HOST: www.domain.com REQUEST_URI: /cms/core/settings/diagnostics/ SCRIPT_NAME: /cms/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php

James B

James B 0 points

• 6 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Those look like Perch Template Tags. Not a Perch Region.

Regions go in your pages, template tags in your templates.

https://docs.grabaperch.com/video/v/creating-pages/

James B

James B 0 points

Rachel Andrew said:

Those look like Perch Template Tags. Not a Perch Region.

Regions go in your pages, template tags in your templates.

https://docs.grabaperch.com/video/v/creating-pages/

Okay thanks very much. I think I was unaware that every region requires a template, in this case just the default "text". I need to experiment a bit more I think.

Also Rachel am I completely missing where it is possible to delete pages, or multiple pages? Must we really delete every individual region first? Not only does that involve clicking to delete each individual region, but then confirming each deletion, and then navigating back to "Pages" to finally actually delete the page.

I see there is a forum post from a year ago when somebody mentioned the same thing. Would it be possible to add some checkboxes to the "Add/Edit Listing Pages" page and a delete button?

Thanks

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

There's no undo for deleting pages, so you must confirm each deletion before you do it.

James B

James B 0 points

Thanks Drew, but we still have to delete every single region first? Why not just one button to delete the entire page?

I'm not using Perch for a client, but as a means of managing a large number of pages on my own site. It looks like an almost perfect solution to creating a number of pages based on templates, but being able to quickly delete is a must.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

What's the scenario whereby you need to delete pages frequently?

James B

James B 0 points

Drew McLellan said:

What's the scenario whereby you need to delete pages frequently?

I mean hopefully I can work around it...but creating a large number of landing pages for PPC traffic, multiple variations and tests etc. I'm not sure why but I was just expecting an option to be able to check and delete pages.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ok, thanks.