Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Shop

Perch Shop. Promotions on specific products.

According too the Perch Shop roadmap, this feature has been completed, but I cannot find any documentation to back it up.

I have downloaded v1.2.4, but just wanted to check if it has in fact been completed. Also, can I just replace the shop app and it should all work fine?

Locky Keaney

Locky Keaney 0 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

This can be achieved with the use of categories. You can apply a promo to a category, and a category can contain as many or as few products as you like.

I have can't find anywhere in the promo section where I can apply select any categories. Is it something that needs to be coded into the Shop app?

I made a category and added the products I want the promo for.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

No, it's just one of the options when configuring a promotion in the current version.

Hey Locky

The default template has been updated for promotions and has added the category option:

<perch:categories id="categories" label="Applies to products in category" set="products" runway="true" />

Change the set="" to match your own category set.

Hope this helps,

Jon

Awesome, I added that categories line and Runway to false, and we are off to the races! Thanks

Edit: Turns out it doesn't work. I had to create a seperate category set so that the products don't double up in the listing.

Like this:

<perch:categories id="category" set="products" label="Category">
    <perch:category id="catTitle" />
</perch:categories>

<perch:categories id="promoCategory" set="promos" label="Promo">
    <perch:category id="catTitle" />
</perch:categories>

Top is for the category on the page, then a category for the promos.

My promotion html then looks for the promos set to apply the promotion. I added two products, and then tested the check out. The promo works, but it gets applied to all products, not just the ones I've added to the promo category.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I had to create a seperate category set so that the products don't double up in the listing.

Can you elaborate?

I'm not sure if Locky ever figured out using a promotion on a category, but I believe I am having the same issue. The promotion seems to function in the checkout, regardless of the items I place in my cart. Even if I set the promotion to apply to items in a specific category, it does not seem to have any effect or limit what items will accept the code.

I am getting the same behaviour here too. Any percentage discount is applied whether the product is in a category or not – even when the promotion is linked to a category. I've posted this as a separate thread.