Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem

Filtering a region by combination of AND and OR

I'm just wondering if anyone can help or has found a way to filter perch_content_custom with a combination of AND and OR. I am filtering by 2 values, which works well, but I want to be able to filter items that have the first value and the second value as one option or another.

So basically this... what=$what AND where=$where OR where2=$where

This is the current code I have which doesn't include the second 'where'.

$filters = array();
$what = perch_get('what');
$where = perch_get('where');

if (!empty($what)) {
    $filters[] = array(
        'filter' => 'what',
        'match'  => 'eq',
        'value'  => $what,
    );
}

if (!empty($where)) {
    $filters[] = array(
        'filter' => 'where',
        'match'  => 'eq',
        'value'  => $where,
    );
}

if (!count($filters)) $filters=false;

perch_content_custom('Business Listings', array(
    'template' => 'business_listing.html',
    'filter' => $filters,
));
Brad Hardinge

Brad Hardinge 0 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

At the moment you can't combine AND and OR, but I'm hopeful that is something we'll be able to add in the future.

I thought this was the case. Any ideas or direction for a work around solution for the time being? Using an SQL statement or anything?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

If you turn on debug, you can see the query we're running if you want to modify it and go that route.

Sorry to pester Drew. Do you have a link to someone using a custom SQL statement with Perch. I'm sure I had seen it but can't find it.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

It's not really something we offer support for. You can use the DB class from the API for running queries - but what you do with it is up to you.

Thanks Drew. Had a search and a play around with $DB = PerchDB::fetch() but just kept getting the following, so I guess I'll just put in the too hard for me basket.

PerchDB_MySQL Object ( [link:PerchDB_MySQL:private] => PDO Object ( ) [errored] => [error_msg] => [dsn] => mysql:host=localhost;dbname=treeremo_db; )
Drew McLellan

Perch Support

That looks good. Now you can use it.

$result = $DB->get_rows('SELECT ... ');