Forum

Thread tagged as: Error, Installation

License key invalid for development domain

My development domain has the form of an IP address + a specific directory on a shared hosting platform. I've entered the IP address alone as well as both IP+directory but get invalid license key error on login to Admin (works on live site.) I was initially on Perch v2.8.26 and updated to 2.8.34 but got the same error on both.

Jerry White

Jerry White 0 points

• 2 years ago

If your using up to date version of perch the given error will include the exact domain “value” perch licensing server is attempting to validate. This is the value you will need to add on the perch website. In some cases it might be a good idea to create a php test page with:

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

This way you can see exactly how the hosting server is presenting itself to the perch licensing server

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

My development domain has the form of an IP address + a specific directory

That won't work properly for development, as all your pages will be registered to a subfolder within the site.

I've entered the IP address alone as well as both IP+directory

The error message when activation fails should give you the value you need to enter. What does it say?

The error msg gives the value of the IP address, but validation fails with that also.

Update: Works with IP address alone. Thanks.