Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Error

Editor permissions problem with creating pages

Hi Drew,

Again, thanks for the update to 2.7.1. Pages can be created as expected. Another issue I am having after updating to 2.7, and still in 2.7.1 is with the permissions of my Editor role.

I have given him the permissions to 'Add new pages' and to 'Add new top-level pages'. The problem is that when he tries to create a new page, he can only create a top level page. All the other pages are grayed out in the drop-down of the 'Parent page' field.

I tried having him create the page as a top-level page, and then go to that page's 'Page Options' and change the 'Parent page' from there, but all pages are grayed out there too. He also tried, using the drag-and-drop feature in the pages listing section and place the page as a subpage of any of the top-level pages, but it won't let him and the page returns to its original location.

So it sounds like a permissions issue. I am using Perch 2.7.1 and PHP 5.4.3.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Thanks, Joshua

Joshua Rodriguez

Joshua Rodriguez 2 points

• 7 years ago

Hello,

Any update regarding this permissions issue? Is it something related to using the Editor role specifically?

Thanks

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

No, but we'll certainly take a look at it next week.

Ok, I'll check back later next week. The issue is with a live website, so I'm relieved to know its not a Windows issue.

Appreciate all your help and time Drew.

Drew have there been any updates with regards to this issue? I did notice the 2.7.2 update was released...does this update include a possible fix for the permissions issue I'm having by chance?

I also noticed this post to the forum from today, not sure if maybe its a related permissions bug? https://forum.grabaperch.com/forum/10-29-2014-user-roles-removing-permission-to-delete-forms

On a sidenote Drew, I wanted to say thanks for all that your doing with Perch. Finding this CMS has opened up so many new project opportunities for me. I can't wait to see what Runway has to offer (but I actually have to wait until tomorrow when I get paid).

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Have you given that role permission to add subpages to the pages in question?

That's what I was missing. Everything works perfectly now.

Thanks Drew