Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, Configuration

Perch Runway 500 Errors

Hello,

I've followed the docs on upgrading a Perch 2 site to Perch Runway, I've done everything on the list and got my about section working along with the subpages below it.

The problem is anything else added after the slash (about-us/does-not-exist) this will get a 500 error, rather than a 404.

This is on my MAMP server so I have a stripped back .htaccess with only the Perch Runway rules so I can make sure nothing else inteferes.

I've noticed your perch site does this too https://grabaperch.com/products/perch/fd obviously I'm just assuming you're running Runway

Dexter Harrison

Dexter Harrison 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Have a look at your error log - what error are you getting when you get the HTTP 500?

Hi Drew,

Since I posted I'd been playing around.

I made the 404 page a Runway like page and instead of a 500 error i get a blank screen and this in the php error log

PHP Warning: include(): Failed opening '/Users/administrator/lapsafe-website/login/templates/pages/errors/404.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.5.14/lib/php') in /Users/administrator/lapsafe-website/login/core/runway/start.php on line 17

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Looks like you're missing some files from the Runway zip. You'll want to copy templates/pages/errors across to your site.

Perfect thanks Drew.

I completely missed that. Thanks again