Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Shop

PayPal Express - user can change shipping address within PayPal

During the offsite PayPal Express checkout process, PayPal lets you select a new shipping address.

Is there a way to capture this if someone changes the address during that process?

Winston Grace

Winston Grace 0 points

• 3 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I'm not sure if that gets sent back at all. Is it detailed in the email you get from PayPal?

I'm using the PayPal sandbox, but yes, the email details the new shipping address, not what is set in Perth, if the buyer changes it during the Paypal checkout process.

Thats both the seller and buyer emails.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I think it would be possible to back port the address from PayPal, but that doesn't happen currently.

This looks like this gives all that information GetExpressCheckoutDetails API Operation (NVP), I wonder if it is something that could be easily added?

I have a client absolutely insistent on being able to click a 'PayPal Express' button without giving address details on the website and using PayPal instead.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

In theory I think it's something that could be added. If it's something your client is insisting on then it may be that Shop isn't the right solution as of today.