Forum

Thread tagged as: Forms

Form not sending

Hi

After filling out the form on my page and hitting the send button I am returned with the following: info@thedomainname.co.uk">https://thedomainname.co.uk/info@thedomainname.co.uk

Do I need to change the CHMOD permissions via FTP?

Many thanks

Suzanne Szenher

Suzanne Szenher 0 points

• 7 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

What does your form template look like?

Hi

I'm not sure what you mean by form template? do you mean the contact.php file? I'm using the Perch Form App .

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

The form template that the Forms app is using. The template with the <perch:input /> tags.

Hi

This is what I have"

<h4><perch:content id="heading" type="text" label="Heading" required="true" /></h4>

<perch:form id="form-contact" method="post" app="perch_forms" role="form">
    <div class="input<perch:error for="name" type="required"> error</perch:error>">

<perch:input  id="name" type="text"  placeholder="Name..."  label="Name" required="true" />

<perch:error for="name" type="required"><p class="about-error">Please enter your name</p></perch:error>
    </div>

<div class="input<perch:error for="address" type="required"> error</perch:error>">

<perch:input  type="textarea" id="address" cols="30" rows="4" placeholder="Address..."  label="Address" required="true">

<perch:error for="message" type="required"><p class="about-error">Please enter your address</p></perch:error>
    </div>
    <div class="input<perch:error for="email" type="required"> error</perch:error><perch:error for="email" type="format"> error</perch:error>">

<perch:input id="email" type="email" placeholder="Email (you@company.com)"  label="Email" required="true" />
        <perch:error for="email" type="required"><p class="about-error">Please enter an email address</p></perch:error>
        <perch:error for="email" type="format"><p class="about-error">Please enter a valid email address</p></perch:error>
    </div>
    <div class="input<perch:error for="message" type="required"> error</perch:error>">

<perch:input  type="textarea" id="message" cols="30" rows="4" placeholder="Please enter your message..."  label="Message" required="true">

<perch:error for="message" type="required"><p class="about-error">Please enter a message</p></perch:error>
    </div>
    <perch:input type="submit" id="submit" value="Send" />

<perch:success>
        <div class="alert success">
        <perch:content id="success" type="textarea" label="Thank you message" textile="true" editor="ckeditor " />
        </div>
    </perch:success>
</perch:form>
Drew McLellan

Perch Support

That form template works fine for me here, using the perch_content() function to display it. How are you displaying it?

The form was working fine for me too. A few days ago the client reported it not working.

I have this in the contact.php page

<!--CONTACT FORM SECTION--> <div id="contact">

<?php perch_content('Contact Form'); ?>
                        </div>
<!--END CONTACT FORM SECTION-->     
Drew McLellan

Perch Support

So it's working in all your tests?

Yes my initial test were all good. But now when you fill out the contact form and send you are returned with the 404 Not found page and info@hminteriorsandhousedoctor.co.uk">https://hminteriorsandhousedoctor.co.uk/info@hminteriorsandhousedoctor.co.uk in the address bar!

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

In the address bar? Ok, this is new information!

Do you have a redirect configured in the form options?

Yes! my apologies my error..I should have gone to spec savers!